Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 09-27-2001, 04:48 AM   #21
hindle
Founding Member

Default Re: No More Two-Strokes

Why doesn't anyone develop a 2-stroke engine with an oil sump? It's been done before with Diesel truck engines.

Imagine not having to mix the gas anymore. It would be much cleaner then today's 2-strokes.
hindle is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-27-2001, 04:50 AM   #22
Lincoln
Founding Member

Default I

there's a whole slew of 2stroke-powered tools helping cut away whats left of the World Trade Center buildings. I'd say we need to concentrate on ridding the world of terrorists, not 2strokes
Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2001, 05:01 AM   #23
Lincoln
Founding Member

Default Re: Patrick-Up-The-EPA

RZ350 huh? they stopped making them in 1985, so you're complaining about a 16 year old 350cc motorcycle's pollution. That's fair, huh guys? Patrick's got a legitimate complaint. I mean, how the hell can Yamaha live with themselves knowing that their 350cc bikes won't last 16 years without being tight as a drum?? Hmmm Patrick, i think you're onto something.
Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2001, 05:44 AM   #24
d1976
Founding Member

You mean like the 4-cycle line trimmers already available (from Honda)???
d1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2001, 05:49 AM   #25
Bat_Matt
Founding Member

Default Greenhouse Effect

No. There isn't.

There is debate about what causes global warming. There is no debate about the fact of global warming. It does exist. We don't know why for sure. We have an overwhelming amount of evidence to suggest that the drastic increase in greenhouse gas emissions is at least partly to blame. The greenhouse effect is the same thing that heats the cages up when they are sitting in a parking lot.
Bat_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2001, 06:00 AM   #26
da_burg
Founding Member

How could you honestly put that post up? You cant be serious in your thinking that your american 4x4 crap is gonna be more efficient than a civic.

Oh and did you also know that the american car compnaies can claim their vehicles as "Low Emissions Vehicles" by using special fuels during the emissions tests, like methanol, which burns much cleaner than the regular gas everyon else gets.

And all SUV's should be banned from the roads anyway!!
da_burg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2001, 06:04 AM   #27
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Hold on.....

I am no fan of the government, but you're confusing mileage with pollution. Any two-stroke motorcycle makes many times the pollution of a modern SUV. SUV's may not get good mileage, but they are subject to the same strict pollution standards as passenger cars, and they are just as clean (except maybe for full-size deisel ones.)
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2001, 06:07 AM   #28
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Unions and Big Business?

You mean you're going up against other citizens who get snippy when you take away their freedoms? Rat bast__ds......Why can't they just let you decide what's good for them and Mother Earth?
Old 09-27-2001, 06:20 AM   #29
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Default Is your hat lined with tinfoil?

There is NO debate about the "fact" of global warming? Have you been living night and day in the Berkeley science department for the last ten years?

Let me tell you what we DO know. It is known that the earth itself is responsible for over 95% of the greenhouse gas "emissions" in the atmosphere. It is also known that there is no way to stop this (I don't know, maybe the ELF can start praying to the mother earth goddess....) I have seen and heard many scientists and meteorologists completely disagree with the "fact" of global warming.

Apparently an "overwhelming" amount of evidence means a few tenured liberals claming their "global warming" edict to be true.
Old 09-27-2001, 06:21 AM   #30
GoFaster
Founding Member

As far as I know, the legislation doesn't explicitly ban two-stroke engines. All it does is set very tough limits on emissions of CO and HC which are very tough (basically impossible) for a conventional, carbureted, non-catalyst two-stroke engine to meet.

If someone can develop a two-stroke engine that meets the emission regulations, they are free to do so. If Aprilia manages to do it, that's fine. But it won't look anything like the two-stroke engine of today.

I basically don't have a problem with this aspect of the EPA regulations as it relates to motorcycles and ATV's. There is nothing that a two-stroke engine can do, which cannot also be accomplished by some other less-polluting engine.

Brian
GoFaster is offline   Reply With Quote