Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 09-08-2001, 12:25 PM   #31
DeadVFR
Founding Member

Default Re: Is this the new Honda ST1300?

Wasn't it rumored to be a 1500? Maybe the missing 200 ccs will show up on the Interceptor
DeadVFR is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-08-2001, 05:56 PM   #32
tony
Founding Member

Looks nice but is it at least 100lbs less then the st1100. Honda shouldn't bother if there going to bring another over weight sport/tourer. I own a 92 Concours and would love a new sport touring bike. I've riden a friends st1100 and it's just to heavy and has no road feal. They say folks in the US won't buy sport/touring bikes but I think they would buy them if there was something appealing about them. The Concours is ok but it is waaaay outdated and it is not Engineered very well.

I bought a new Bandit this year to replace the RF900 as a stop gap bike. It turned out to be a great bike that works a lot better then I had expected it to. Maybe I'll keep it a few years but if a Sport touting bike came around with a decnet power to weight racial, I want one.

tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2001, 06:32 PM   #33
starvingstudent
Founding Member

I've ridden a 1980 CX500 Custom, and it was really fun. I see no reason why Moto Guzzi should be the only company nowadays that makes transverse V-twins. I'd prefer a new CX roadster (replace the Nighthawk, perhaps?) as opposed to a tourer, though.

The engine design makes a shaft drive much easier to mount, and though they aren't good on sportbikes, it would make a roadster much lower maintainence.
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2001, 07:34 PM   #34
rat-biker
Founding Member

Default Try a Trophy

Ok, I'm biased because I have one, but if you want lighter, more POWA! and good handling try the Triumph Trophy 1200. Most Triumph dealers have a demo bike ready for you to try too.

The Trophy's not a full-on sport tourer like the Sprint ST but it can hold it's own. It doesn't have as many bells and whistles as the Pan but I don't need all that stuff when I'm heeled over at 75 mph going up Monarch Pass.

The other thing I like about the Trophy is that the girls like it ("pretty color"), the guys like it ("A Triumph!? I used to have a Bonnie in '69") and it just looks cooler than the Concourse or the Pan IMHO.
rat-biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2001, 05:28 AM   #35
stogieBill
Founding Member

As a devoted ST rider (currently without a mount), I welcome this ST to the options list. Right now "there ain't much out there", only visions of FJR's, old BMW's, old Honda ST's, and old Concourses.

I'm not looking for a crotch rocket, but I don't want a Goldwing or a cruiser either. I still like to carve corners and enjoy strong acceleration (not especially high speed). Yeah, I'm 50 but I've ridden for over 35 years;I know what I like and how to ride.

Please Honda, bring it on!
stogieBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2001, 06:44 AM   #36
R1150RT
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda's copy of BMW's R1150RT

Honda really wants to "kill" the BMW R1150RT, so it has pretty much copied the latter:

Check it out!

If it weighs less than 650 pounds (294 kg), has standard ABS, and costs less than $16,000 MSRP in the U.S.A., I might be interested. Otherwise, it would fall short of the R1150RT.

R1150RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2001, 06:46 AM   #37
R1150RT
Founding Member

Default Re: Honda copies BMW

Check it out HERE!
R1150RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2001, 08:18 AM   #38
starvingstudent
Founding Member

Whoop-de-doo. So it looks similar. How many times do I have to say that MECHANICS MATTER??!! You're saying that a V-four is nothing more than a copy of a flat-twin. That's like saying the flat-six Valkyrie is a Harley wannabe.
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2001, 10:32 AM   #39
MC
Founding Member

Yeah, big deal. So they look somewhat similar on the outside. Probably because they are designed for the same purpose.

Maybe we should about Honda's latest dirt bikes becaue they have knobby tires, when we all know that Kaw/Zook/Yam/BMW/whoever are already using knobby tires, therefore the entire bike is an exact ripoff.

MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2001, 10:45 AM   #40
MC
Founding Member

Default Javascript errors

This page :

http://news.motorcycle.com/article.m...rder=0&thold=1

Has an error in the Javascript right here, at line 121 :

myScroller1.addItem("<a href="'article.motml?sid=821'">Arai goes to Hollywood

</a>");

There is a line break present, causing errors to appear in the browser. The error is "Unterminated string constant".

This also causes an error at line 159 :

The error is "Object expected".

I would be glad to assist you in fixing these errors as most of the articles have them, and have had them for some time now.

Thanks,

- MC
MC is offline   Reply With Quote