Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 08-02-2001, 07:32 PM   #11
scarecrow800
Founding Member

Default Re: Rumors of the moment, 500/250/125 GP

Since they are now allowing 800 to 900 cc four stroke motors in the 500 cc two stroke GP classes, I was just wondering, will they be allowing four stroke motors in the 125 and 250 classes. That is, might we see 250 cc four stroke singles in the 125 two stroke class and 500 cc four stroke twins in the 250 class?
scarecrow800 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2001, 01:42 AM   #12
Joe_Momma
Founding Member

Default Re: Rumors of the moment

Hear and see it in action the honda V5 thingy!!!

http://www.tochigitv.com/~yuzawa/bike/bike.html

cleck on rc211 test and you must have realplayer.

Joe_Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2001, 03:11 AM   #13
kuhnkat
Founding Member

Default Re: Will Matt go to WSBK

Where can we do this research?? This "SP" frame is news to me? I thought they had to homologate these things, so, where did they sell the "SP" versions?
kuhnkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2001, 04:08 AM   #14
Lincoln
Founding Member

Default New 4stroke Rules

no, that would be completely unfair!! It's going to be turbocharged nitrous-injected 750cc 4strokes in the 250cc class. The 4strokes will be given a 5 second head start, and all 4stroke riders will be allowed to park up to 5 replacement bikes at strategically located areas on the track. Any 2stroke that show's a hint of superiority on any given lap will automatically be given a 10 second stop-and-go and assessed a 50lb weight penalty. A proposition to have the 2stroke riders complete all laps on a wheelie were met with overwhelming disapproval, as the tire technology is just not sufficiently advanced, though Dunlop and Michelin are working hard as we speak
Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2001, 05:58 AM   #15
ssmiley
Founding Member

Default Roberts (Kurtis) to Suzuki!

Now that would be a major publicity coup! Let him run around on a WSB team with Mladin for a couple of years. I donÂ’t know what his contract status is, but heÂ’s playing third fiddle over here behind Hayden and Duhammel not to mention Honda has a deep talent pool at the World level (Rossi, Edwards, Barros, Katoh, etc). It may be a premature jump, but Suzuki is not exactly setting the world on fire with Chambon, Chili, or Gibernau.

Speaking of youth movement, was I mistaken or did Speedvision report that Red Bull Yamaha was scouting John Hopkins at Brainerd? Can you say NBA Draft?

ssmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2001, 06:25 AM   #16
blademan
Founding Member

Default Re: Rumors of the moment

MCN posted a story today about Bostrom. He wants to run in GP. I guess that rules out him going to aprilia.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/racing...77343&navID=36
blademan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2001, 06:31 AM   #17
El_Flaco
Founding Member

Default Uh huh

Wow, such a striking blow at GPs decision making! I'm sure that your well thought out satire will change the way those Moto GP bastards will make their decisions from now on! Oh, and we are all joining you in wallowing in sarcasm and cynism as you shed a tear for the demise of the archaic 2 strokes. Boo hoo! Boo hoo!
Old 08-03-2001, 07:23 AM   #18
stevegrab
Founding Member

Yeah, I agree with "kuhnkat", where did you hear about this. If it is true, it is certainly not common knowledge among people who follow racing.
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2001, 07:27 AM   #19
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: Roberts (Kurtis) to Suzuki!

Yeah, I've seen a few reports regarding Hopkins being scouted for GP by Yamaha. Will he go straight to the GP1, or will he do 250cc first?

Or might he even get a better deal to stay in the US? That kid is amazing, even better than young Nicky Hayden was back in 98 when he started road racing.

I loved how he reacted to Kurtis Roberts at Mid-Ohio after Roberts tried to stuff inside him at the Keyhole turn. Next chance Hopkins had he stuffed Roberts good, and gave him a little look.
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2001, 09:49 AM   #20
hindle
Founding Member

Yamaha is the only one at this point that makes a superbike that is out of reach for the average person. The R7 simply cost to much. In years past it was just Kawasaki and Suzuki but with the introduction of the RC51 at a very affordable price Honda joined the club. Maybe Yamaha will follow suit one day.

There are GSXR's, ZX7's and RC51's all over the place. Just don't see any R7's. R1's yes but no R7's.
hindle is offline   Reply With Quote