Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 07-12-2001, 09:53 AM   #31
wwalkersd
Founding Member

Default Re: All the details..........

Yep, there's an embargo. American Motorcycle Network ( has gone so far as to come right out and say so on its front page, and even has the expiration date (Friday the 13th). Meanwhile, 2WF has posted some other photos. At least MO has the integrity to respect the contract they signed. They haven't reported anything that HD disclosed to them, they've only reported that other sites have reported such info.
wwalkersd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-12-2001, 09:59 AM   #32
Montesa_VR
Founding Member

Default Re: Yahoo

"break down even faster! "

As a motorcyclist and observer of our sport for more than 3 decades, I would rank your comment as an entrant in "most ignorant and stupid" category.

Over the last five years Harleys have come to represent a remarkable proportion of all motorcycles on the road.

Motorcycle Online has a disproportionate readership of youthful squids who don't care about anything but 4-cylinder sportbikes. To each his own, but whatever you think of the Harley guys, admit that they're out there on the highway and you aren't.

They wouldn't be out there if they couldn't get where they are going. The days of poor HD reliability ended in the late 70's.
Montesa_VR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 10:20 AM   #33
desertbilly
Founding Member

Non-Harley people wouldn't be so hard on Harleys and Harley types if it weren't for this arrogance a portion of Harley types routinely exhibit.

I don't get this "Y'all are jist jealous!!" stuff. Why would anyone who wanted a Harley, not get a Harley??? Money? If a person had $10k to spend couldn't they get a 1992 Harley (which apparently would be far more reliable) instead of a 2000 Vulcan or a new Shadow?

You think guys buying $10,000 to $19,000 Japanese, Italian, English and German bikes can't afford a Harley? I don't understand that logic.

And now who's cloning who? The Japanese have been building liquid-cooled cruisers for many years! Have the Harley guys forgotten this? You've griped for years about the Japanese cruisers being a bunch of copycat, ripoff, clone, wannabe's. Well now who's copying who? Are you saying that Harley is just now inventing liquid-cooled cruisers? Is logic part of any of this? Or is it just pompous, chest-thumping.

Man, I shouldn't let myself get sucked into these.
desertbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 10:31 AM   #34
Shaft
Founding Member

Who gives a shi$! It'll just be another over-hyped piece of crap. Don't you people learn?
Shaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 10:55 AM   #35
wwalkersd
Founding Member

Default Re: Trying may be the operative word

Guess what? Harley broke their own embargo. Full info on the V-ROD is up on the HD website, including the full accessories catalog! Surprise!

BTW, it says US list is $16,995. I guess they're cheaper on the home side of the pond. Still a hefty chunk more than a VTX or Warrior (assuming you can actually buy any of these bikes at MSRP), but not out of line with other Harleys.
wwalkersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 10:56 AM   #36
minime
Founding Member

wwalkersd --

Exactly. Thank you. No further comment. After all, I signed something on behalf of MO.

-- Minime
minime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 10:59 AM   #37
minime
Founding Member

fwalters --

Actually, when that went up, I didn't raise any hell. Nothing I can do about it and it doesn't hurt me or this site. When they pull stuff like that, just how long do you think until they stop getting Harleys? And don't think other manufacturers don't notice as well. I know of two presonally who are holding off giving them info because they "know" it will be leaked before the embargo date.

So, naaah. That didn't bother me, really. Just had a beer and thought about a ride this weekend...
Old 07-12-2001, 11:15 AM   #38
ACE1100rider
Founding Member

Default Re: New 2002 Buell Firebolt XB9R

Check this bike out!

http://www.sporttwin.com/02buells/2002buells.htm
ACE1100rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 11:41 AM   #39
minime
Founding Member

Oh, wait... I mean, I didn't sign anything. What 's a Harley?
Old 07-12-2001, 12:03 PM   #40
CarsSuck
Founding Member

Default Did you actually read the article?

It said the new effort will be for 2002. This is supposed to be an R&D year for them, they're not trying to win. They already said that. I don't know whether or not they'll really get it done, but no one plans on it being this year so you might want to stop holding your breath. They wouldn't really have a shot before 2003 anyway, regardless of what changes they make next season.
CarsSuck is offline   Reply With Quote