Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Paranoid News Clips (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/)
-   -   NYPD Nab 350 Bikes, Issue 5,900 Citations. (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/4571-nypd-nab-350-bikes-issue-5-900-citations.html)

BrowningBAR 06-13-2007 07:23 AM

Re: NYPD Nab 350 Bikes, Issue 5,900 Citations.

What's to worry? 1984 is simply a manual on how to keep everyone safe.

You want to be safe, right? You want children to be safe right? You DO want children to be safe, don't you?

If you don't, we will have to straighten out this anti-social behavior and get you on some good, government approved meds and send you through our social reengineering programs.

sarnali2 06-13-2007 07:27 AM

I think that was Zyklon B

mscuddy 06-13-2007 08:34 AM

Re: CVA62

Yeah, one time when we got to fleet landing in Gitmo my shipmate Orange (Naranjo) and I stole a shore patrol 4x4 power wagon and drove the thing all over the base, even picked up some zero at fleet landing who wanted to know why we were on dury wearing civies. Took hin to the BOQ, and did a big doughnut in the gravel parking lot when we left, pelted him with stones.

A riot at the club was mandatory every det & misslex when we went to gitmo. The first time we went there I was mess cooking, so I had a lot of blackshoe shipmates I hung with on shore. Snipes & BMs.

Didn't they preserve the beer in Gitmo with formaldehyde? Caught a real buzz on that stuff...

Haha, the sea stories never end, do they? You can take a boy out of the Navy, but you can't take the Navy out of the boy...

sarnali2 06-13-2007 08:44 AM

I think that's the only place where all they had was can beer and plastic pitchers, no glass. Guess they knew their customers eh LOL.

Ever go to that one package store by the ball field at the Naples Nato Base? We used to have B & M division parties there and they had cans of Olympia Beer in cases. Only place I think I saw it outside Washington State, must have been a homie working in supply....

Kreb_Cycle 06-13-2007 08:46 AM

You can't get financing without insurance, which you can't get without a license.

Kreb_Cycle 06-13-2007 08:47 AM

That seems reasonable to me.

seruzawa 06-13-2007 08:53 AM

My grandmother, who couldn't drive, used to buy a car for my mother and aunt to drive her around in. The car was in my grandmother's name and she carried the insurance. So I know it can be done.

Kreb_Cycle 06-13-2007 08:54 AM

You'd have to teach them to read first.

seruzawa 06-13-2007 08:59 AM

They used to put formaldehyde in the beer we got in Nam. It was usually crappy beer like Carlings in the first place. Then the skids of beer would sit in the sun at China Beach for a few weeks or months before being put in coolers that barely worked at the various EM Clubs. Usually 3-4 beers was enough to have squids puking outside. Add that to the crappy Japanese bands that would tour the clubs singing American pop music with heavy accents and you see why so many servicemen were driven to smoke dope.

BTW I never saw any nurses at China Beach, much less ones that looked like the ones from the TV show. Hollywood lied! Imagine that!

mscuddy 06-13-2007 09:15 AM

Ahh, Naples. One time we had a squadron ball game at Carney Park, and the zeros flew in a bunch of beer from the states, we're talking cases of Coors, Schlitz, Bud, etc. So anyway, the bus driver who hauled us from Fleet Landing and his taxi cab driving buddies started stealing OUR BEER. A few shipmates and I confronted them, and got into a chingaso in front of all the zeros. While this was going on, my buddy Orange (again) and I stole the freeking bus (a big Fiat) and drove it all over the park, with the driver and his buddies chasing us down the road. When we got to the entrance of the park, next to the swimming pool, there were a bunch of MM snipes there waiting in line for THEIR bus, so I stopped and opened the door. When the zero in charge realized it was a drunk squid driving (me) he tried to grab me, but I bailed out the driver's window and ran back to the party. On the way back, I ran past the bus driver, who recognised me and started chasing me, along with about 10 off duty jarheads. I outran all those dummies, and made it back to fleet landing on ANOTHER BUS, bug got busted by shore patrol right when I was going to get on a liberty boat. Got capt.ns mass and rerstriction for 7 days.

The next port was Athens, and you know what happened there...