Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Paranoid News Clips (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/)
-   -   A Motorcycle that Walks on Water (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/446-motorcycle-walks-water.html)

Durandel 03-27-2001 06:54 AM

How about a picture??

stevegrab 03-27-2001 06:58 AM

Re: How about a picture??

Just read a similar article at 2wf.com where they had a picture, you can see it by following the URL below

http://www.2wf.com/html/2001News/200...aterbike.shtml

bimota 03-27-2001 07:11 AM

Sounds like a jet ski.

The world's first motorcycle for the water... This sounds exactly like a jet ski.

wwalkersd 03-27-2001 07:17 AM

Re: A Motorcycle that Walks on Water

The Jetbike is "the world's first motorcycle for the water" ...

They obviously never heard of the WetBike, a "motorcycle for the water" that was around many years ago (70's? 80's? I don't recall for sure).

And this new JetBike is brought to us by the same Gerry Wiegert who gave us the world's longest-running never-fully-sorted infinitesimal-production exoticar, the Vector. Gee, why should I be skeptical?

And while I'm griping, do we really need yet another vessel that makes its user believe it's not a boat and that therefore the rules of boating don't apply to it?

Patrick-of-the-Hills 03-27-2001 07:37 AM

Re: How about a picture??

(Wonder how they got Eric Bostrom to pose on it?)

Seriously, it'll be interesting to see if this company's in existence two years from now. Not only does this thing have to prove itself to be significantly better than an average JetSki, the marketers have to offer it at a price that's tolerable. Flowery blathering about new ways to experience the environment won't help much if this thing is anything less than thrilling.

Besides, Wiegert's previous business experince doesn't bode well; he was the founder and head charlatain behind Vector Aeromotive, a genuine disaster of an exoticar company from the early '90s. (Customer testimonial: Andre Agassi bought one which almost burned itself up.) For the sake of the folks building this thing, I hope it works, but it'll be a hard sell.

ollie 03-27-2001 07:42 AM

This is a little off-topic, but you just gotta see their website. They have some of the cheesiest pictures I've seen in a long time there, plus some god-awful overall design. Did they do their button text with crayons, or maybe a shard of glass? I'm offended on so many different levels. :)

www.aquajet.com - if you dare

-Ollie

VR1000racer 03-27-2001 08:10 AM

Anyone remember Weigert? Anyone remember the Vector W-2 "supercar" that was touted as a 240 MPH car powered by a Donavan twin turbo 350 that later was bought out and brought to "production" by a pennystock IPO about 10 years ago? Anyone remember the 20 million or so that Weigert hosed everyone for?

Well, I see all of the keywords like "Breakthrough Invention" and different than everything else, etc.

Makes you think of a Suzuki wetbike with a front jet added.

And technically, if you sell a single "Jetbike" can't that be interpeted as "Nearly selling out" that first production run? Especially if the first production run is only 2 units?

I propably should not be so negative, but as an investor in the stock market, I saw first hand Wiegert's promotional abilities, and his ability to raise capital, while dodging the issue of actually building product and selling said product.

He reminds me of the auto/motorcycle version of James Bede, a name that will be familair to all who fly airplanes.

Enjoy, and invest with caution!!! (A lot of it!)

Zionist 03-27-2001 08:31 AM

Jetbike? What kind of crap is this? Stop wasting your time writing about personal water craft. It's crappy lil' articles like this that make me NOT want to donate to this site.

hubec 03-27-2001 08:48 AM

Yikes!

You gotta love the fact that the guy's wearing full racing leathers! With knee sliders!! Gee I guess it realy is a bike after all.</p>

Calamari 03-27-2001 08:57 AM

Re: looks like a jet ski.

Great redirected to waterworld.com again!

Keep it on the pavement or dirt please.