Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 04-25-2007, 06:22 AM   #1
busa99999
Founding Member

Default Re: More great press?

Lets thank all the people pushing the stunta life. The media and then the political machine are going to push the goverment to persue a nightmare group of laws and the agressive enforcement of these laws on us.
busa99999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-25-2007, 06:27 AM   #2
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default Yeah, too much adreline!

More crazy push beyond the limit fools.

We lost a kid here in the valley doing a high speed wheelie in a 25 mph school zone during school.

A girl in a SUV turned in front of him and it killed him.

How was she supposed to know a motorcycle going way three or four times the speed limit in a wheelie was heading her way?
gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:14 AM   #3
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Default Bike vs. Rider

One of the riders featured in the video said something that got me thinking, that was: "It's not the bike, it's the rider." I disagree. Certainly, anyone can get on any bike and ride it safely and responsibly. However, in my experience, I ride very differently depending on the bike I'm on. When I had the VFR, cruising the Interstate at 90+ mph was comfortable and enjoyable. Blasting it up to 120 or 140 was even more fun, and frankly, it became addictive. Trying to move along with the traffic flow became intolerable. Get on the old '77 HD, and 65-70mph seems plenty fast. The bike is happy at that speed, and so am I. Now with the Concours I just got, I'm finding myself somewhere in between; moving through the traffic rather than along with it, but not going 100+.

I think it's human nature that when you have something, you want to use it. The old adage "When a boy has a hammer, everything needs pounding" is just as true with adults. If you have a bike that can go 180, you're going to want to use it to at least some degree of it's potential.

Again, anyone can make the choice to ride responsibly on any bike, but to simplify things by saying "It's not the bike, it's the rider" flies in the face of the evidence we see around us every day. Riders on "superbikes" ride differently than those on lesser machines.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:51 AM   #4
sfcdjevans
Registered Member

Default What does the T shirt say?

" Ride like a KNOB and you'll DIE". Unfortunatly "they" judge "us" based on the actions of the "few". At least it used to be the few. I live in a college town. I dread spring waiting for the body count, the screaming ss's on residential streets. It's so peacefull when only riders with heated gear are out...... Oh yeah I don't think we've hit double digits on the fatalities yet. Should we add in the dismemberments?
Old 04-25-2007, 08:15 AM   #5
HelterSkelter
Founding Member

"Hey if you're gonna ride a motorcycle at the same speeds as you'd drive a car, you may as well just drive a car!"

Thanks a$$hole! Don't do me anymore favours unless I ask ok?

In other news local Fox News in Atlanta has a major motorcycle exposé tonight at 6pm. I hope they went down to the BP on North and Spring to get some of our local "stuntaz" opinions.

Well my ZX14 was nice while it lasted.
HelterSkelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:24 AM   #6
Fenton
Founding Member

"It's one of the old-fashioned bikes"

Too funny.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:37 AM   #7
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I wasn't going to say anything but that was pretty damn funny.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:39 AM   #8
bigjames
Premium Member

Freaking wonderful. Baldy in the interview sure as hell didn't help. Mr Dreadlocks at least tried to sound reasonable.

One point that really should not be missed. If that was 9 out of DC, WAY back in the day (when it was WTOP, maybe even before that) is was once owned by the KKK. No, has nothing to do with the story, I just like that little tidbit...at least they have come a long way, to bad WE haven't...

Take a look at old movies of "crazed bikers" in the 50's and 60's. They did the exact same crap, just that the wheelies were not as impressive and no one wore helmets so they died, almost every time, when one did something really stupid and crashed. SOS, different day and different bikes...

Note, they did not say why the guy on the Harley (yes, that was a Harley) crashed. Betcha it involved a car doing something stupid, but talking on that point doesn't help ratings. Having ridden the DC Beltway more than a time or two, it's a pretty good bet...

Makes one wonder how many folks were killed in cars during that same period...
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:44 AM   #9
bigjames
Premium Member

Gee, I rode my sidecar to work today. Know that BP station well, right across the I75/85 from Georgia Tech (where I went to school) and Georgia State's dorms (where one of my daughters lives). May be I should mosey on over there and be in the way or something, just to fire the stunt idiots up!

Any how, don't forget it's FOX 5, no one REALLY gets their news from FOX anyway...and I am sure the story will be very "fair and balanced"...
Old 04-25-2007, 08:47 AM   #10
bigjames
Premium Member

Default Lesser riders...

on non-lesser machines are the real problem. Knowing where to do stunts and racing is a bit more important than knowing how. A$$holes are a$$holes, that is all there is to it. Doesn't matter what they ride...