Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Paranoid News Clips (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/)
-   -   More great press? (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/4449-more-great-press.html)

Kenneth_Moore 04-25-2007 09:49 AM

Re: Bike vs. Rider

Nobody seems to be talking about the premise of my post: that we use tools in relation to the tool's ability to deliver. I didn't say take anybody's bike, I didn't say legislate anything. So far nobody stepped up and said "Gee, I ride my Hyabusa at or below the speed limit at all times unless I'm on the track." I didn't say that, and I won't, I like riding fast. My point was that the gentleman in the video wanted us to think the capability of the bike had nothing to do with how it's ridden. Bullcrap. Then he went on to say if you don't ride a high performance bike in a high performance way, don't bother riding at all, nicely contradicting himself within the same five sentences.

seruzawa 04-25-2007 09:50 AM

I don't believe all the flack you are getting for this comment. It's a fact that on a different bike the same rider will ride differently. I do it. Everyone I know does it.

seruzawa 04-25-2007 09:54 AM

Re: More great press?

The genius sure put his foot in it with that ethnic diversity and cruisers nonsense.

bollert 04-25-2007 09:54 AM

it would be un-American to limit what bikes we can buy and ride. However, it would be very American to punish the bad apples severely. Man if I was a cop, and a sportbike rider, if I pulled someone over who was drawing negative attention to the sport, I would make them as miserable as I possibly could.

tripleripple 04-25-2007 09:55 AM

Do you?

seruzawa 04-25-2007 10:03 AM

Re: Agreed.

dilettante DIL-uh-tont; dil-uh-TONT; dil-uh-TON-tee; -TANT; -TAN-tee, noun:

1. An amateur or dabbler; especially, one who follows an art or a branch of knowledge sporadically, superficially, or for amusement only.

You've got these dilettantes down cold. They get a few thrills and then run on to something else. It's the raised-by-TV short attention span generation.

schizuki 04-25-2007 10:11 AM

Re: Agreed.

But they're the future! They ride the safest bikes and wear the best protective gear while doing handstands on the passenger seat, having no deleterious effect whatsoever on health costs and insurance rates.

Kenneth_Moore 04-25-2007 10:19 AM

The funny part is, I feel their pain. I dread the day the gummit comes along and legislates away any possibility of doing something "wrong" on a bike as much as they do. I suspect their very real fear of that happening may cause the kind of reactions seen above.

findangle 04-25-2007 10:22 AM

Re: With her eyes

SUV drivers are usually responsible because the accident is usually through a fault of their driving ability.. roaring through a school zone at 4 times the posted limit is a clear fault of the bikers riding ability.. i hope his insurance paid for her fender and front grill..

sadly the majority of these accidents ARE in fact the SUV drivers and i don't believe I've ever heard these law makers try to limit them in any way.

testcase 04-25-2007 10:26 AM

+ALOT