Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 04-25-2007, 08:52 AM   #21
nil5
Founding Member

Default With her eyes

Yeah, the guy doing the wheelie is an idiot and got what was coming to him. But this is the classic case of people not looking where they are going, or not seeing a motorcyclist.

Sorry, you shouldn't be driving an SUV if you are not qualified. Being able to see things should be a prerequisite.
nil5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-25-2007, 08:53 AM   #22
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: More great press?

I have the ultimate, be-all, end-all solution. Listen up. If they just had a helmet law in that stupid state, this crap would never have happened! Oops, I just found out they DO have a helmet law. Never mind. Carry on.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:54 AM   #23
schizuki
Founding Member

Unlike the cool, sober, non-partisan analysis you get from ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, the NYT, the LAT...

Maybe Dateline NBC can rig some explosives to a Busa.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:55 AM   #24
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Bike vs. Rider

Don't worry. If the Dems get their way we will ALL be staying away from guns real soon. Make that guns will be staying away from us.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:58 AM   #25
schizuki
Founding Member

"Great to see that sportbikes are leading the way by creating more ethnic diversity in the rider population."

Right on. It shows that no matter what a person's color or creed, everyone in America has the opportunity to be a f***ing a**hole.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:02 AM   #26
ksquid
Banned

I love this country
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:05 AM   #27
ksquid
Banned

Hey I am crafty brook trout from the Rocky Mountains, I know that worm on your line is a fancy synthetic model... I am not biting on this one either..
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:12 AM   #28
nil5
Founding Member

Default More generally

A person has MORE chance of endangering others by irresponsibly driving a large vehicle, like an SUV, than a motorcycle. Nobody's talking about repealing our right to own an SUV, right? Despite the fact that it endangers more people than a fast motorcycle. It seems clear that a person irresponsibly riding a motorcycle is infinitely more likely to kill himself rather than anyone else. It's nothing like a gun which allows you to kill others (and yourself) at will.

When someone in a speeding SUV or pickup,etc. plows into a smaller vehicle and kills other motorists, does anyone start whining, "ban trucks ban trucks!" Seems unthinkable.

SO why are we talking about banning fast bikes? It's pointless. Then society at large will have to pick a new scapegoat to make our lives even more boring and meaningless than they already were. You want big brother, you got it.

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
nil5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:39 AM   #29
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: With her eyes

Someone who is driving through a school zone usually has their attention on the nearby zone because they are looking for children that might run out. No one expects to see a motorcycle come through at 75-100mph. Naturally the SUV driver is to blame. Motorcyclists are never responsible.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:44 AM   #30
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Bike vs. Rider

No, that's not true. Once honest citizens are disarmed they'll be seeing guns up close a lot more than ever.