Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 03-27-2001, 08:55 AM   #1
Zionist
Founding Member

Default Re: Eat a Ducati?

Unique small touches? Pro store? Their own "Superbike" blend of coffee? I bet it's not just any old bean either. Windows so we can watch mechanics work? "Yes Ashleigh, that peon is working on a 996 just like I have". It amazes me what kind of garbage people sell but what amazes me even more is that people will actually buy this crap. I wish I had this much disposable income. This goes to show that while Harley is still the number one poser brand of motorcycles Ducati is a close second.
Zionist is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-27-2001, 09:45 AM   #2
v2-90
Founding Member

With all of these wonderful state-of-the-art and expensive "touches," I'd really love to see just how inexpensive a simple valve adjustment is going to cost.

If I want image, over-inflated prices, and pedigree accessories, I'll go to my local Starbucks and get gigged for 5 bucks for a cup of joe.

v2-90
v2-90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 10:42 AM   #3
djo
Founding Member

wow, the resentnik crowd is in full attendance today!!

sounds like a really cool shop. anyone know when it opens?
djo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 03:13 PM   #4
granny
Founding Member

I object to motorcycle boutiques; those with ornate woodwork, tiled floors and other such unnecessary items. San Antonio TX. had just such a shop (at one time across the street from a Sachs Fifth Ave.). The shop proprietor spent considerable attention on the multitudinous decorations and adornments but had only one (good but very overworked) mechanic. In less than a year, the building is now vacant. I predict that virtually all such motorcycle boutiques will be proven unprofitable.

When most people say "poser" they usually mean someone who is a beginning rider. But actually, each one of us started riding as beginners. Remember, the poser you pass today may tomorrow blow you away...
granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 02:36 PM   #5
TK57
Registered Member

Personally I like the idea of a Ducati cafe. What I would like to know is...who decided to put it in Milwaukee, of all places. If I owned a Ducati(wishful dreaming), I wouldn't waste my time riding from out west all the way to Wisconsin for a cup of coffee and to look at a few bikes, even if they are Ducatis.