Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 04-10-2007, 02:00 PM   #21
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Default Re: The 800s are coming!

I have the article open in front of me. Aaron Frank spends a paragraph saying he doesn't believe the PR guys: "these guys would deny the existence of a new model even if they'd just ridden one to lunch." Either he's got inside info, or it's another headline like I saw once in the line at the grocery store: "4 Unhurt When Gas Stove Fails to Explode."

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2007, 03:05 PM   #22
acecycleins
Founding Member

The 800 GP bike will be here for the next 5-8 years. If they moved backwards to the 600 or even 750 then you would be cheating the fine line between prototype and production bikes. The GP 800 will live long for that reason. Does that mean Honda will develop a V-4 CBR? Probably not, but it could allow them to develop an inline model. Will the others follow? Yes- Yamaha will be the first out of the gate I believe. The crank in the GP bike rotates backwards. Change that to a traditional rotation and leave out all the GP trickery and you have a completely new R8 for delivery to a dealer near you. Suzuki doesn't even have to go that far. The 750 is probably the best street/track bike offered to the public. Displacement increase would be easy for them. Kawi made a great ZX7. Why couldn't they sleeve a liter bike put it into the 600 chassis and go? These manufacturers have lips and tight as there butt cheeks. It's such a cut throat business that any rumor of new models will send the spies out in force. Heck, Triumph had the 675 in development for 3 years before anyone could actually confirm the thing exsisted. When released it took the 600 class by storm. Look what happened afterwards. Honda lost weight (again) and gained power, Kawi dropped the 636 to not confuse the 600 boys anymore`and Suzuki just fine tunes an already great bike. It's ever evolving and the next is a new class. Watch out Superbike you never know when the rules will change- sorry Ducati (hope that 848 runs good).
Old 04-10-2007, 03:59 PM   #23
Fenton
Founding Member

Sweet, I'm on my second 800cc V4 in 5 years.

I'm a trend setter!
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:39 PM   #24
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

But, kpaul IS the W of this blog. NO ONE will EVER admit to agreeing with him, even if he gets one by accident now and then. They both just need better intelligence, I think.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:46 PM   #25
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

I actually read the thing, and it sounds like somebody's fervent wish, and not a prediction of reality. I've often thought the same thing, but so what? Don't mean anybody's gonna make em.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:48 PM   #26
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

I think JB was just trying to throw a little gasoline onto the fire, or maybe he actually IS kpaul, laughing his ass off at our outraged responses to every proclamation kpinhead makes.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:50 PM   #27
seruzawa
The Toad

Excellent, Smithers.

I'll bet you're the only one in any ten States setting such a trend.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:53 PM   #28
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Nothing to see here folks, move along... Look, a new 1000 with 3 more hp, and it's seven pounds lighter! Your old bike is obsolete! Must buy new one!
Old 04-10-2007, 05:06 PM   #29
Ian_Leadley
Registered Member

I am excited about the 800 BMW's that are new to NA this year. I'll be letting the bugs get worked out before I consider buying one though. Speaking of which when are the MO boys going to be taking one out for a test?
Ian_Leadley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:40 PM   #30
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Why would the big 4 step backwards to the 800's. Honda pumped up the CBR 900 to 1000, now they're going back down to an 800?

Is Kawasaki going to make a 900 Ninja again and shrink it to 800? Suzuki's GSXR 750 is in a class by itself and Ducati has the 748. Will Yamaha sleeve an R1 to 800?

Ya' blew it again KP though I admit I wouldn't be surprised to see $4.00 a gallon here by summer.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote