Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Paranoid News Clips (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/)
-   -   The UK Solution (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/4386-uk-solution.html)

BrowningBAR 03-29-2007 08:49 AM

Re: The UK Solution

No, just saying that the two do not go together.

Gritboy 03-29-2007 09:03 AM

My car goes faster than my bike. I don't hear about any speed limiters for autos.

testcase 03-29-2007 09:10 AM

That's just due to what you brushed your teeth with.

testcase 03-29-2007 09:14 AM

Cars have them. They tend to be fairly high though, such as 1X0+ MPH. When they kick in, they basically just start fluttering the gas despite having the pedal floored.

tripleripple 03-29-2007 09:17 AM

"backslashes'? What're you talkin' about? I don't see any '" and nobody e'se seems to be complainin'. Must "just be 'you''

naco_traficante 03-29-2007 09:42 AM

If anyone can declare motorcycles as too fast, I hope they sponsor similar legislation for SUVs that are too large and Hummers that are too ugly.

This isn't a safety issue, it's shabby politics where some politician(s) create an artificial problem that they can "solve" to show that they are doing their job.

And I will go on the record again that I support helmets. Full-face helmets with stickers. So there.

12er 03-29-2007 09:46 AM

My new ride is electronically limited to 149mph... My old 93 Ford supercab topped out at 105 before the gov violently kicked in. Thought I threw a rod the first time...

dmc42421 03-29-2007 10:15 AM

Very well put. I find this good analogy more readable than the rants of the righteously indignant.

My BMW RT is electronically limited to 128mph or so, probably for tire/weight considerations. I see BMW cars that are electronically limited in the US at about 150mph. I can wreak a lot less havoc doing 128 on my RT than someone in their luxomobile at 150.

BrowningBAR 03-29-2007 10:22 AM

So, you are for government implemented limitations?

seruzawa 03-29-2007 10:22 AM

I found these interesting.

The police have the power to seize mini motos being driven illegally off or on the road, or in an anti-social way.

Well, that's really cool. Open-ended forfeiture based on the cops' personal opinions. Wahtthefock does 'driving in an anti-social way' mean anyhow? Oh yeah. BTW in England the police can place people on probation who haven't been convicted of any crime if the police 'think' that the person 'might' commit a crime sometime in the future.

The MPs were concerned that the bikes were being bought by parents for their children "without understanding that they can be dangerous".

This is so typical of the arrogant condescension of pols. Here we have to most degraded load of criminal personalities in any democratic socierty, elected officials, pretending to be smarter than every one else. LOL! I'd be more concerned about how many quid the pols stuff in their pockets while looking down their noses at everyone else.

There are a lot of scary things going on in england. The Home Secretary wants to extend the public speech codes to private homes as well. That's right. Public speech codes.

Welcome to the Brave New World. Don't like it? Here, have some soma. Turn on the telly. Football season starts soon. Tallyho! Please give our sailors back. Pretty please.