Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Paranoid News Clips (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/)
-   -   Looks Like a Plane, Drives Like a Motorcycle (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/4369-looks-like-plane-drives-like-motorcycle.html)

BrowningBAR 03-22-2007 07:26 AM

Re: Looks Like a Plane, Drives Like a Motorcycle

How is that street legal?

Kreb_Cycle 03-22-2007 08:05 AM

I find it very strange that there are Swiss GPTB's, stranger still that a bunch of dentists built this.

naco_traficante 03-22-2007 08:23 AM

Great idea only if you ride the Autobahn every day. Or another collectable for Jay Leno.

naco_traficante 03-22-2007 08:24 AM

Maybe this project started as a giant canine tooth on wheels.

Kenneth_Moore 03-22-2007 08:56 AM

Cool post, ksquid. I'm having a really hard time figuring out how that "bike" could possibly cost anywhere close to $750,000. Even if it were made completely of unobtainium, there just isn't enough there... But if they can do it for $750k, the market must be HUGE for one at say...$250K??? Is there a venture capitalist in the crowd?

electraglider_1997 03-22-2007 09:08 AM

Looks about as useful as teats on a boar. So what do you get for all that cash??? For that kinda bread I would expected to be pleasured and not just boned.

12er 03-22-2007 11:02 AM

Even $75k sounds insane... Then again those chrome and candy turds go for that much.

xlr8r 03-22-2007 11:07 AM

I'm not convinced. Here's why.

1. What sort of engine has it got? Unless it's actually using a small aerojet, to get anything capable of producing that much bhp in something that size would be very difficult. There'd be huge cooling issues, not to mention huge amounts of fuel needed. And exhaust space. And so on. And a 50-gallon trunk space? Where?

2. The Swiss road laws are so restrictive that even underpowerd H-Ds have to be built in specially restricted versions for the Swiss market and forced to crawl along at speeds where it's hard even to stay upright. This thing would never make it onto a Swiss road - not legally, anyway.

3. It bears a more than passing resemblance to something very similar built several years ago called an Oekomobile, if I remember, which was basically a BMW K100 with a bodyshell like this one. From the swingarm out the back of this one it seems similar but with maybe something like a ZZR driving it. Which leads to

4. How much horsepower do you think you could get down through a rear wheel like that? 200, tops, right?

DC_Dave 03-22-2007 11:09 AM

I'm surprised none of you recognize a Yamaha GTS 1000 when you see one.

SmokeU 03-22-2007 01:52 PM

I had the opportunity to buy a GTS 1000 a few years ago. I kick myself for not doing so.