Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Paranoid News Clips (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/)
-   -   Tire Replacement and Safety: Prudence or Paranoia? (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/4317-tire-replacement-safety-prudence-paranoia.html)

fumanchu 02-28-2007 11:36 AM

?

"Diplomacy is thinking twice before saying nothing."

-Anonymous

fumanchu 02-28-2007 11:44 AM

...the BRMA-recommended six year replacement interval was for four-wheeled automobiles, not motorcycles.

SmokeU 02-28-2007 12:12 PM

Re: Tire Replacement and Safety: Prudence or Paranoia?

That's alright, I think it'll get "lost in the mail" if I do that. It'll make good mosquito repellant in the Minnesota summer by the lakes. :-)

longride 02-28-2007 12:37 PM

He could beat you in a bench press contest too.

schizuki 02-28-2007 12:38 PM

And his dinette set is nicer.

The_AirHawk 02-28-2007 12:59 PM

......gag reflex reading it........

The_AirHawk 02-28-2007 01:00 PM

And if it's a dinette-set bench-pressing contest..........

maladg 02-28-2007 01:38 PM

I replace when I get cupping if ft or squaring out back. I replace earlier than most and I ALWAYS replace the set (and lube my drive splines AND replace wheel & hub o-rings, too) When I ran Metz MEZ-4's on my ST11, cupping in ft would happen at about 4k miles. Now that I'm using Metz Z-6's, I'm back to squaring rear showing up first at about 5 k miles.

At least in the case of the ST11 with it's outdated tire sizes, the MEZ-4's steering is a bit more neutral but the Z-6's stick a bit better and last a good notch longer at about the same price.

maladg 02-28-2007 01:43 PM

The Kookanomicon

I was working on an article for "The Journal of Irreproducible Results" which was to be about the great successes of the ideas of liberal economists - primarily Keynesians and the Static Analysis crowd. Long had I desired to feast my eyes on a copy of the "Kookanomicon" – the forbidden volume of chants, incantations, spells, curses and other neo-demonic tools of economic donks. Finding this long, lost tome would be the key to the future of my work. I was going to be the guy who finally put a stake in the heart of the Classic/Supply Side vampire with all those inconvenient facts. I was going to be the guy who vanquished reality itself!

This is turning into a snipe hunt. I’ve been deep in the musty bowels of Miskatonic University’s library stacks for days. Other fabled books such as the one that cannot be named are easily within reach, yet the one I desire remains out of sight. Then it happened. Over in a corner at a reading table and lit by a single yellowish lamp was a fellow wearing a Kawasaki sport bike ball cap – on backwards as is the de jour of the day – pardon my French. Holy Crap! It was THE KOOK himself, reading his own book – The Kookanomicon – that fabled book bound in the skin of Hayek himself! I could tell it was The Kook. The sense of smug self-satisfaction filled the room like Ed Begley, Jr., at a hybrid car owner convention. Those nimble, googling fingers were flipping pages faster Jay and Silent Bob combined competing in a spliff rolling contest.

To be continued?

Kreb_Cycle 02-28-2007 02:34 PM

I've got a friend who just bought an 85 magna. He loves the look of it. He's totally spiffing it up, replacing the seat, bars, chroming, painting it. I can't figure out who his crack dealer is, he must have good sh1t.