Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 03-19-2001, 02:41 PM   #11
huskerdu
Founding Member

Default Re: Ortega Highway Motorcyclist Attack Update

You know, I still feel badly for the officer who was attacked, support the police in general and feel that they basically do a good job for little pay, this "canyon racers" comment is absolute bull$*it. Talk about stupid generalizations. If they're looking for support from the motorcycle community to help catch the perpetrators they're sure not helping themselves with comments like that.
huskerdu is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-19-2001, 02:42 PM   #12
ArtOfTheMotorcycle
Founding Member

Default So why doesn't MO post the pix?

Hmmm?
ArtOfTheMotorcycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 03:03 PM   #13
GTS_Rider
Founding Member

there's one here:

http://www.sportbikeworld.com/showth... threadid=8171
GTS_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 04:47 PM   #14
Hamfisted
Founding Member

I have just two responses:

1. Did you say you lost your dog?

2. How do did you manage to mount your gun rack to your motorcycle?
Hamfisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 04:49 PM   #15
speedytriple
Founding Member

I went on a group ride (mostly sportbikes) yesterday and encountered the checkpoint. All vehicles on the highway were being stopped. My firsthand experience is the CHP officer was extremely polite and professional. Everyone else in the group experienced the same with the officers they talked to (3 CHP and 1 OC Sheriff). One person in our group is a cop, and he even thought it was exceptional.

Several people at work went to the local Sportbike Night at a burger joint last week. There were several officers distributing flyers, and a get-well card was circulated and given to the officers to deliver to their colleague.

In both cases, everyone felt the CHP is definitely NOT grouping anyone on two wheels with the idiots who attacked the officer. My impression is they see riders as part of solving the case.
speedytriple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 05:09 PM   #16
CarsSuck
Founding Member

Default You're right.

A lot of riders, including this website, tend to automatically be against the motorcyclist any time someone has a problem with something a motorcyclist does, because the rider wasn't low profile enough, or whatever. Like we're all supposed to just tip-toe around the cage driving lemming masses for the sake of motorcycling's image. I don't think this attitude does anyone any favors, and riders should be on the side of riders (unless they're really bike thieves beating up cops) when it comes to things that don't hurt anyone else. That thing in TN you just mentioned shoulda been front page all over. This story isn't at all important in comparison. Good to see you know what side you're on.
CarsSuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 05:50 PM   #17
v2-90
Founding Member

That's an interesting point and one that if presented by the CHP to the public (and especially the press), would go a long way in re-establishing the trust and faith in the law-enforcement community - at least from the eyes of those of us that choose to ride. I know that I feel much more drawn to help with the solution, when I feel that I am not being labeled as part of the problem.

v2-90