Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Paranoid News Clips (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/)
-   -   LoJack Releases Results of First Annual Motorcycle Theft Study (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/4266-lojack-releases-results-first-annual-motorcycle-theft-study.html)

Gritboy 01-29-2007 08:36 PM

Re: Newer Sport Bikes are the Most Popular Theft Targets

Agreed. Besides Harley's were probably lower on the list because they're in garages more than being ridden on the street. *psych*

Gritboy 01-29-2007 08:41 PM

Re: LoJack Releases Results of First Annual Motorcycle Theft Study

Now that's the power of positive thinking... or was that just delusion. Regardless, may your found VFR memories remain intact even if it was crashed into an Amazon bog while its rider was racing away from the policia during an exotic animal smuggling run. ;-)

Gritboy 01-29-2007 08:43 PM

don't we all brother... don't we all.

Gritboy 01-29-2007 08:47 PM

Just buy that can of "whup ass" to go with and no one will ever touch it... unless of course they have a larger can.

johnnyquest 01-30-2007 01:12 AM

"...best theft deterrent is a rare bike that no one could use for anything. "

That's why my K75s is so bloody brilliant...

JQ

maladg 01-30-2007 07:17 AM

I'm neither a LEO nor did I stay in a certain motel recently, but in my secret batcave life workin' in the bowels of the Cosmodemonic Insurer, I do know this: before you buy Lojack - which is a fine product - DO check their website for antenna coverage area.

Hint: if you live close to a non-covered area, the professional bad guys do know this. If you live well within a covered area, this is a better way to spend your $$ than an aftermarket exhaust system.

Dangerousdave_2 01-30-2007 02:06 PM

I prescribe a good long ride the first time weather allows. Repeat as needed.

Dangerousdave_2 01-30-2007 02:08 PM

Excellent use of facts/figures.

boru4761 01-30-2007 03:04 PM

Hmm. That didn't come out quite right. I meant what if it disintegrates the frame while you are on it. (you being the owner in this hypothetical) I have no problem with you destroying the bike out from under a theif.

Dangerousdave_2 01-31-2007 12:43 AM

Thanks, that's a good thing to know. Somehow, that wasn't mentioned in the brochures. I live in a heavily populater area, so it's probably ok, but it makes you wonder whether you're gonna get any help if you're in Northern Nevada.

And, sooner or later, don't we all end up in our own personal edition of Norhern Nevada?