Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 01-12-2007, 05:16 PM   #1
xxhawkgtxx
Registered Member

Default Re: Nekkid 675 Spy Shots?

first?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-12-2007, 05:36 PM   #2
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

A Triumph spokesperson said: "I can confirm that this shot was taken at one of our test sessions and features one of the bikes we currently have in development.

"It's an exciting new bike that's related to both the Speed Triple and Daytona 675 and you will see it later this year."

I knew Triumph would bring one To Market, eventually.

Anticipation heightens the Pleasure.......

Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:18 PM   #3
racerjak
Registered Member

2nd?
racerjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:51 PM   #4
silentgrayfellow
Founding Member

No telling what this thing is: " The exhaust system appear to be from the 1050cc Speed Triple – suggesting this machine has the big 1050cc triple rather than the small 675cc motor."

Ok, so it is a speed triple with a different frame and swingarm. It's a stretch to say this is a naked 675 prototype. More likely a variation of the speed triple.
silentgrayfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 03:11 AM   #5
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

You can't see anything from the photo, and nobody really knows what the thing is. All I know is that no matter what it is, the GMP saw it coming, and predicted it a long time ago. All of you just didn't remember when he said it. Oh, and all of you are wrong............again.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:49 AM   #6
slackmeister
Registered Member

spy shot huh? You'd think a spy photog would have tried harder to keep the bike in the frame as it got closer to his position. This is a "viral marketing" teaser.

Anyway, looks to me to be a Speed 4-like naked with a more sporting emphasis to the Speed 3's streetfighter setup. The exhaust doesn't mean anything about what motor it has.
slackmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 03:56 AM   #7
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Dastardly plot warning!

Actually it's all part nefarious plot by Harley-Davidson to rule the world! While MOrons are mesmerized by the Triumph photograph HD's splinter cell operatives will infiltrate their homes and plant mind control transmitters utilizing HARP technology. The transmitters will turn all MOrons into mind controlled zombies who will then go out and buy Fatbobs and $10K worth of HD boutique accessories. They'll then get tattoos and spend their spare time terrorizing their neighbors with open drag pipes and pork rib barbeques.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:20 AM   #8
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Default Re: Dastardly plot warning!

Not seeing a down side here...........

Do they have to be Fat Boyz? those things are gauche. Can't we get like Street Bobs, or Sportster R's....Maybe a Wide Glide or something?

Those pictures look to me like the same kind of "Aliens Landing at Area 51" crap they have on the Disco channel. It's pretty common knowledge that Triumph is building a baby Speed 3 based on the 675 engine.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 04:39 AM   #9
acecycleins
Founding Member

You guys see a can on a bike that looks like an "operational" unit from a SIII and jump to conclusions.

Most of you know I work at a Triumph shop. What do you think I'd say about this subject?

Why would Triumph do this tease? Before the 675 came around what did the m/c rags think of the S4? Pretty much, they thought it was much better than the bike it was created from. A cool nekked bike that had more character than the Daytona 600.

With the success of the 675, why wouldn't they create a "baby" Speed? Duh?! It's a great chasis on the 675 and a fantastic motor. Bump the torque and flatten the curve even more and I bet there won't be a 5 hp difference between the Daytona and the "Baby" Speed. Remember, nekked bikes are back and people like them. Bring it on Triumph!!
Old 01-13-2007, 04:41 AM   #10
acecycleins
Founding Member

WRONG- Triumph doesn't make bikes that they can't sell worldwide.