Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Paranoid News Clips (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/)
-   -   PA State Rep Wants Helmets Back. (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/4205-pa-state-rep-wants-helmets-back.html)

longride 01-09-2007 09:41 AM

Re: PA State Rep Wants Helmets Back.

Harley will never let it happen. They have GWB-like power to control any event anywhere around the world. They are against any form of licensing, education, helmets, and anything else anyone can think of that might get passed, but Almighty Harley will block it. They have the power. It's futile to resist.

ksquid 01-09-2007 09:42 AM

Yep I agree with on the education thing finally.. but it should be both for riders and drivers. Heck my daughter's school canned drivers ed. a few years ago..In my day it was a full quarter class complete with written tests, gory films, and actual driving. These days, most kids get a few lessons and study for the dumbed down test..

ksquid 01-09-2007 09:43 AM

My work is done here :) You have learned well from the master :)

BrowningBAR 01-09-2007 09:44 AM

Oh no. They put very little thought and effort into everything.

It's funny; there are A LOT more guns outside of Philly (tons of hunters, farmers, hobbyists and people like that).

Yet, 90% of the murder goes on in Philly.

And we still get people blaming guns. As if the gun is the key factor to braking the law.

Sure, robbery, assault, murder, drug dealing, carjackings are al against the law, but d@mnit if it ain't the gun that made 'em do it.

Buzglyd 01-09-2007 09:46 AM

And since H-Ds are made in PA, they have like double power there.

BrowningBAR 01-09-2007 09:48 AM

Actually, everyone in PA is paid in "Harley Bucks". They can only be used at the local Harley Mart.

12er 01-09-2007 09:58 AM

So with the existing logic, (not yours) the guns should be charged with the crime and prosecuted and not the individual pulling the trigger.

Buzglyd 01-09-2007 10:03 AM

No, the company that makes the gun. Then the gov't can sue for big $$$ (like tobacco) and pi$$ teh money away on crap unrelated to the original suit.

Buzglyd 01-09-2007 10:04 AM

Does it have Willie G's face on the bill?

BrowningBAR 01-09-2007 10:06 AM

Something like that.

I know my example is over simplifying things. But just because a gun makes it easier to kill someone, doesn't mean we should over look the fact that people are so willing to take a life because someone looked at them funny.

At some point you need to blame the actions and not what was used to commit those actions.