Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 01-02-2007, 07:47 AM   #71
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Iowa Records More Motorcycle Accident Deaths, GPTB Increase May Be To Blame

Your analysis is probably far beyond the intellectual capacity of the reporter who wrote the story. I can be pretty sure of this having dealt with media people in the past. There is a very strong unercurrent amongst media types that the average person can't understand complex ideas. This is a mistake. It's the journalists themselves who are usually short on itellect. Mr. Falb may very well have expressed an opinion much like yours but the reporter was only capable of understanding a small portion of it and then passing on what we read.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-02-2007, 08:03 AM   #72
Gordy
Registered Member

Default Danger! Actual data, actually organized!

The Real truth?

http://www.accidentreconstruction.co...fatalaties.pdf
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:03 AM   #73
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Default Re: Iowa Records More Motorcycle Accident Deaths, GPTB Increase May Be To Blame

I think an excellent case can be made, based on this article, that both the author and Mr Falb are incompetent. The only "news" that I can pull out of it is incomplete. The "message" I read is "Motorcycles are dangerous and something must be done about it".

"Motorcycles are playing an increasing role in Iowa's traffic deaths, according to statistics recently released by the Iowa Department of Transportation." This is followed by not enough statistics to support that premise relative to usage and full demographics and some dudes theories as to cause.

I haven't been to Iowa for a bit but I don't recall seeing an inordinate amount (any) of car engined bikes.

I'm not saying that just because someone is an "official" with the Iowa DOT the guys an idiot but he doesn't get the genius pass either.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:13 AM   #74
schizuki
Founding Member

Yes, right on both counts. Your Bene Gessirit training has done you well...

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:16 AM   #75
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

I'm still cracking up about "kaypee mastrubating with his chew toys..."

My God that's a classic.....

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:30 AM   #76
tomk2
Founding Member

Default Re: Motorcycle.com, a short play

West Coast gasoline prices expected to pump up soon

Analyst says that consumers will see a rise about Valentine's Day that is likely to settle above the $3 mark.

By Julia M. Scott

Los Angeles Daily News

Enjoy gas prices under $3 while you can because come February, drivers can expect to take a hammering at the pump, analysts predict.

"Gas is going to go north of $3 on the West Coast quite commonly in 2007," said Tom Kloza, chief oil analyst at Oil Price Information Service.

Prices should fall in January when demand hits rock bottom, then start climbing around Valentine's Day.

He conservatively estimated gas prices would settle in the $3 to $3.40 range.

tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:46 AM   #77
seruzawa
The Toad

No time to talk now. Trying to find a big plastic bucket and enough battery acid to fill it......
Old 01-02-2007, 09:48 AM   #78
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

You should try popping wheelies when there's nobody around and you're in a safe place. It's more fun than you think, and not nearly as scary. Try an empty parking lot somewhere and give it a shot.
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Kreb_Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:53 PM   #79
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

I've a few empty 55-gallon poly drums layin' about here, would one of those work? I'll have to "top" it and triple-rinse before you can have it.........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:02 PM   #80
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

And the Iowans didn't let me down, either!

RepreSENT!
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote