Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 01-01-2007, 06:21 PM   #41
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Default Re: Iowa Records More Motorcycle Accident Deaths, GPTB Increase May Be To Blame

Well, I was actually DOING something with my NYDay-off, rather than Kook-bashing all the live-long day.

Went Shooting with The Wife to break-in a new toy.

How many here have already gone for a New-Years Day ride (weather and roads permitting, of course!)? I got mine in early this year; God, I so LOVE Global Warming™! A side-benefit would be if it actually were to drown some of those ****ebag coastal cities such as New Orleans like Al Gore's good buddies promised us back in the mid-'90s. No such luck, even with the help of a Hurricane.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-01-2007, 06:23 PM   #42
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Default Re: Iowa Records More Motorcycle Accident Deaths, GPTB Increase May Be To Blame

Well, I was actually DOING something with my NYDay-off, rather than Kook-bashing all the live-long day.

Went Shooting with The Wife to break-in a new toy.

How many here have already gone for a New-Years Day ride (weather and roads permitting, of course!)? I got mine in early this year; God, I so LOVE Global Warming™! A side-benefit would be if it actually were to drown some of those ****ebag coastal cities such as New Orleans like Al Gore's good buddies promised us back in the mid-'90s. No such luck, even with the help of a Hurricane.

It felt so nice, I had to answer it twice. [b];^D
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 06:36 PM   #43
ksquid
Banned

Default Fish in the barrel..

I am here watching the Fiesta bowl... dog lying by the fire in the fireplace, ..Just me and my laptop and fish in the barrel on MO....
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:29 PM   #44
svtech
Registered Member

I didn't ride yesterday. No heated grips, temps barely out of the teens, and roads a little icy.

I did start a couple of 'em and let them run for a while to come up to temperature and get fresh gas (with a touch of Stabil) flowing through the carbs. Not the best plan, I know, but the options are a bit limited.

I'd be willing to contribute toward the purchase of one heated grip to be dispatched westward.

Even Saddam Hussein didn't want that new, itchy rope around his neck. A warm, comfy grip could squelch some of the posts, re-posts, re-re-posts, ad nauseum that might make me squander my lousey twelve bucks someplace else.

Marketing, MO.

Do you grow the site, or kowtow to one kook just because of the garbage he contributes?

I don't believe in censorship. However, the mighty MO must have access to the same RSS feeds that seem to get posted here with too much regularity, albeit with the all too usual

disjointed and inflamatory intro's.

There's got to be more than a little brain power in So Cal and in the executive suites at MO.

Please use it.

In moderation.

svtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 10:18 PM   #45
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

"The high was 9 hunrded something in 1970" The fact that, this year, it went up from the previous year probably means something. The fact that we are also talking half the all time high, thirty six years later, probably means something too. There aren't NEARLY enough data points mentioned in the story to let anyone conclude anything on the subject. I don't see any usable information in the article at all.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 10:21 PM   #46
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

OK, now why don't you guys kiss and make up? OK, hearty handshake if you're from the midwest
Old 01-01-2007, 10:27 PM   #47
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Default Re: Fish in the barrel..

The smart play here in Napa is later today. Dry roads, low sixties, buddy gonna meet me where Wooden Valley road meets the road to Berryessa. It is expected that a good time will be had by all.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:40 PM   #48
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

You're not from around here, are you? The Gray Pony Tail Brotherhood is alleged to be a movement of over the hill orthodontists that try to relive their youth by purchasing Harley's and riding from one bar to the next, hoping someone will notice their *****in wheels. Sadly, people (almost always non-riders) sometimes give them more attention than they deserve. I know of no one who would admit to being a part of this movement, and you probably don't either. I know a few people who probably belong to this group, but I've never gone riding with them.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:45 PM   #49
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Default Re: Motorcycle.com, a short play

Please, God, bring Burns back... I'm beggin ya.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:53 PM   #50
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

A squeeking wheel gets all the grease.