Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Paranoid News Clips (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/)
-   -   Carefree, AZ Becoming a Little More Carefree. (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/4166-carefree-az-becoming-little-more-carefree.html)

SuperBill 12-22-2006 08:09 AM

Re: Carefree, AZ Becoming a Little More Carefree.

This is a joke, right? Cave Creek Town Manager Usama Abujbarah?!?

Hahahahahahahah

pplassm 12-22-2006 08:45 AM

I guess he was right, for a change.

Nyuk, nyuk!

Kenneth_Moore 12-22-2006 08:54 AM

Get used to it. When I lived in Scottsdale going up to Cave Creek early Sunday am was a big deal. And hundreds of V-Twins with open pipes or close to it would haul ass through Carefree to get there. With the surrounding hills the noise level was absurd. Evenutally, people everywhere are going to get sick of the noise and start going after the source.

seruzawa 12-22-2006 11:58 AM

Ummmm... put baffles in his pipes?

anrajala 12-22-2006 04:03 PM

Just as in the second world war when there were Will Schmidts, full bloodied Americans fighting for their country, nowadays there are Usama Abujbarahas that are real American struggling for the US (whether being a good American is actually a positive thing is today debatable. In my books, yeah, hell these are the guys who saved our assess in the past)

And forget your obsession about the Arabs, they can only wipe off couple of the buildings, if they are lucky. The WW3 is going to be with China.

- cruiz-euro

anrajala 12-22-2006 04:09 PM

Maybe (I know this is a far shot) he could think: hey, I made too much noise and was a nuisance to the community. As a penalty I have to pay the ticket.

I know this is unrealistic. Some dipstick egomaniac actually taking responsibility of his own actions.

- cruiz-euro

SuperBill 12-23-2006 02:12 AM

Sorry about that....

Wow! I get a chuckle from a "Usama-in-a-cave-in-Arizona" story and you are able to divine that I am obsessed with Arabs. Are you related to the Kook? Great Ethnic Prophet, perhaps?

Over the years I have enjoyed your posts and have developed a respect your insights on motorcycle issues. I am sorry that my post stepped on one of your sensibilities. I will endeavor to avoid doing so in the future.

For the record, I am not obsessed with Arabs, or, for that matter, any other ethnic group or nationality. My personal philosophy embodies the libertarian principle that "respect for individual rights is the essential precondition for a free and prosperous world, that force and fraud must be banished from human relationships, and that only through freedom can peace and prosperity be realized" (http://www.lp.org/issues/platform_all.shtml#iv).

This philosophy extends to international relationships as well. Were the libertarian philosophy to prevail, the US would never have been involved in the Arab wars, Vietnam, Korea, WWI, or the European theater of WWII. Our foreign policies would resemble those of Switzerland – armed and trained to secure our sovereign borders against attack and party to absolutely no foreign treaties. No treaties, no wars. Hey, who hates Switzerland?

So there you go. Far from a redneck bigot, it turns out that I am a leather-clad-motorhead version of a 1960Â’s hippie (minus the hallucinogenic drugs and aversion to bathing). Peace & love, baby!

Gluge 12-23-2006 02:47 AM

The sooner the better in my book. I'm constantly wishing even my EX500 was quieter.

Buzglyd 12-23-2006 05:18 AM

Re: Sorry about that....

That's a helluva long personal philosophy!

Mine is like, "Where's the beer?" or something along those lines.

SuperBill 12-23-2006 05:36 AM

Re: Sorry about that....

Actually, it's the same philospphy, only you have managed to encapsulate the essence in much fewer words!