Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 12-13-2006, 03:54 AM   #71
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Let me know when I can open my eyes.

Dude, they have to have the time limits to make it exciting! Everything has to be overhyped. It has to be Xtreme! chopper building. There is one thing good about these shows though. They drive me screaming out of the house into the fresh air. We do still have fresh air here. In 20 minutes I can be at 8000 feet in the twisties.

Somehow I suspect that you aren't a fan of those incessant self-congratulatory circle jerks called "awards shows" either.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-13-2006, 04:09 AM   #72
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Here is another kpaul lie

Like this kid when I was in the nav we nicknamed "High Water Hodge" because he bought dungarees that shrunk and hung about three inches above his shoe tops. Another 5'4" nutcase with a chip on his shoulder. Always ready to take offense at imaginary insults. Always "right" about everything, no matter how unimportant. He snapped one day and hit this 6'3" 275lb Machinist Mate called "Loomis" in the forehead with a three pound slugging hammer. Fortunately (or unfortunately depending on your viewpoint) Loomis had a skull that was at least 2" thick. And an IQ to match. It barely fazed him and the two spent about 5 minutes running around the engine room until we were able to restrain that ox Loomis.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:14 AM   #73
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Close the Floodgates!

Foreign armies don't have the network of contractors that need trainloads of money to design hammers. They also don't have 1/10th as many Generals and colonels.... each of whom desrves a $250,000 per year retirement job in the defense industry. Never forget this factor when looking at the high maintenance cost items in our inventory like the Abrams, Osprey (yikes!), Apache.......

And don't get me started on that shytpiece M-16 that they still pretend is an effective combat rifle. What a joke.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:15 AM   #74
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Default Re: Here is another kpaul lie

MAN!...what was that dipsh!t thinkin'?!

And, that's a classic nickname.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 04:31 AM   #75
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Never was around when it first came out, unmodified, for Vietnam. But the stories of the original sh!t-piece were long, lengthy, plentiful and sad that it took place.

I had a modern AR-15 (which is essentially the same as an M-16) for a few years. I had a short barreled collapsing stock with the flat rail system.

It was accurate as hell...when it wasn't jammingÂ…constantly. And this was in the super low humidity AZ desert.

I also have an AK civilian variant from a third world country. Not as accurate (grouping differences by about an inch or so) but that f@cker will fire till the barrel glows red, covered in mud and run over by a pick-up.

Same goes for a Glock. Sure a 1911 looks mighty pretty, and if you have a Kimber or a PO staggered stack extended mag, it sure is fun, but the Glock has never jammed on me and doesn't care what piece of crap surplus ammo I'm throwing through it.

Old 12-13-2006, 04:36 AM   #76
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Default Re: Let me know when I can open my eyes.

"In 20 minutes I can be at 8000 feet in the twisties."

--That's the one thing I miss about moving out of AZ. Sure, rural PA is mighty purtty, but you just don't get the views like Utah, Colorado, AZ, etc.

And the only thing worse than "Award Shows" are the jackholes that talk about them the next day.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:02 AM   #77
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

My Brother has a Glock (mod 21 I think? - compact 11-rd. 9mm), I fired about 4 boxes of cheap-arse ammo through it with only 2 misfeeds that were easy to clear. Damn thing was just too small for my hand - couldn't hold on to it very easily.

I've got a Llama 1911-knockoff that I bought years ago -- when I got it, it couldn't get through an entire magazine with less than two misfeeds, that were a BMF to clear (OK, you could officially call them "Jams"!). With a bit of throatwork on the feedramp, and some selective internal polishing - It's been turned into a very sweet-shooting .45.

But it's still a POS when it gets dirty.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 05:18 AM   #78
Neal
Founding Member

Default Re:

I agree.....harley faces challenges that should result in a leveling off if not a drop in sales;but they have astute management and so far have been able to do miracles. They are much more able to analyze the situation than we are. What bothers me, I guess, isnt folks making predictions of HD's collapse as much as the intimation that there are obvious solutions to the challenges that Harley wont pursue because they are buffoons; they are far from buffoons and are much better able to predict their future than we are.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 05:23 AM   #79
Neal
Founding Member

Default Re: Schizuki Ask and Ye Shall Receive

yes...2006 sales are higher than 05. however,sales were a little below predicted and there are actually still 06 models in the showroom. Im sure some can interpret this as a leveling off,but in actuality the sales figures are incredible. Harley sales could drop 25% and they would still be a profitable company.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 05:32 AM   #80
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

I have a Colt 1911. It is a pretty solid piece, but it doesn't like some ammo.

I believe the Glock 21 is one of their compact models with the short grip that doesn't allow for the "pinky" finger...and if you have big hands, good luck keeping one on the grip and one on the trigger. This probably had something to do with the misfeeds. If too much energy was taken away as the gun was moving in your have from a poor grip it will take away force from the slide and not have enough energy to properly feed the next round...or it needed some oil on the slide rails.

But, much like motorcycles, IÂ’ve never met a gun I didnÂ’t likeÂ…even if it is an unfinished, clunky, inaccurate, sh!t-box.

You can keep the Golf cart and clubs. IÂ’ll take the motorcycle and firearms.