Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 12-12-2006, 04:51 PM   #51
Neal
Founding Member

Default Re: Close the Floodgates!

Not true...Harley bought 51% of Aermacchi in 1960, way before the AMF buyout.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-12-2006, 04:56 PM   #52
ksquid
Banned

Default Here is another kpaul lie

fire away
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 04:59 PM   #53
Neal
Founding Member

Some facts.... Japanese motored choppers have been around on this side of the Atlantic(the real right side)since the 60's. The HD traveling museum had Aermacchis in it. The official HD historian Martin Rosenblum has written articles on Aermacchi. Yes,HD sorta ignored it for awhile but they dont hide it and arent dishonest about it.

Not that you care,but I thought I'd throw out some facts just for something different.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:01 PM   #54
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: Here is another kpaul lie

We're talking about evidence for a significant decline of Harley market share, and kpaul links to - a comment about Matt Mladin.

I think I just ruptured my spleen laughing.

Don't ever change, kook. Seriously. You're a treasure.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 05:08 PM   #55
Neal
Founding Member

There are LOTS of non Harley (or Harley clone) powered customs.Arlen Ness has built several Victory customs, Roland sands actually built a custom with Kenny Roberts' Proton GP motor. This is nothing new...back in the day there were many Brit engined and Japanesse engined choppers. Hell,I remember an Ariel square 4 chopper. I dont know why everyone seems surprised at a Yamaha custom. KEEERIST, even Easyriders magazine has been including metric customs for years. Hell,next thing we know,our little buddy will be "predicting" the rise of non Harley customs.....another prediction that is already happening.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:31 PM   #56
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: Let me know when I can open my eyes.

I think it's waning. I've seen more in the way of board-tracker and bobber customs lately (which, unlike choppers, I dig.)

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:28 PM   #57
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re:

"obsolete products "

Harleys are obsolete the way M1911s are obsolete.

Old 12-12-2006, 06:43 PM   #58
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Here is another kpaul lie

Apparently Kook disagrees with the concept that by using wider tires one can get better tire life while using softer compounds for better grip than one can get using narrow cruiser tires that require harder compounds for equal life. This obvious priciple is beyond the poor fool's understanding.

And he's still trying to prove me wrong for saying that cruisers have better brakes than sportbikes...something I never said.

Anyhow the examples of his inability to understand the simplest and most obvious concepts of every subject from technology to politics are over-abundant.

He used to be funny to me but the mentally ill wreck that is Kook is no longer entertaining. I fear for his wife and children since he is obviously dangerously psychotic and if pushed too hard is likely to murder tham all. Best to not antagonize him any more.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:48 PM   #59
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re:

We've been saying that HD is gonna have downturn for decades now. I make absolutely no bets on it any more.

However the Euro's value, considering the state of Europe's unproductive, looter societies (10% unemployment... 20% for people under 30) is a complete mystery. I'll bet the Euro collapses before HD.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:18 PM   #60
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Default Re: Let me know when I can open my eyes.

Yeah, but after "American Board-Tracker" is rammed-down the throats of Discovery Channel's audience for the next 3 years, you'll be sick of that too.

Paul Sr.: "Paulie! Pick up this mess! Let's get some work done around here!

Paul Jr.: "But Pop, I've BEEN working 26-hr days for the last six years - when can I take a lunchbreak? People are sayin' my creativity is waning, and all I can think about is 'Spider-Themed' Board-Trackers!"

Paul Sr.: "I'm sick and tired of your excuses! I'm the only one puts in a full-days work here! If you need me, call my cell -- I'm goin' for my Massage......... Mikey, make me Laugh, you Goon."

Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote