Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 12-12-2006, 02:43 PM   #41
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re:

"Now that their market share and demand are falling on their obsolete products"

Yeah, they're on the ropes.

Hey, prediction-boy, here's one for you - Harley will double its current 10% share in the European big-bike market by 2010. As long as the retarded Global Warm-mongers don't legislate them out of the market.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-12-2006, 03:04 PM   #42
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re:

BTW, could somebody point me to info that Harley's "market share and demand are falling"? My Google-Fu can't come up with anything later than 2003.

It's reasonable to assume there would be a fall-off after their insane popularity of the last few years. I just can't believe it's as drastic as kpaul makes it sound (he has a habit of pointing out small changes in things that have seen recent record numbers - interest rates, home ownership - and acting as if it's evidence of Apocalypse.)

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:07 PM   #43
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Globalwarm-mongers

I love that. You've got talent, kid.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 03:10 PM   #44
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Let me know when I can open my eyes.

The chopper craze is almost over, isn't it?
Old 12-12-2006, 03:15 PM   #45
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re:

Well the Prophylactic used to brag about owning H-D stock cuz he was such a shrewd invester.

Then the Proph offed it.

Check out ticker symbol HOG over the last 6 months.

I think that will tell you all you need to know about the Grape Prophylactic.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 03:16 PM   #46
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: Dogs and Cats Living Together!

That bike is worth $250K in the same sense as I've been compared to Hemmingway.

Apparently, this guy has an outrageously overinflated idea of what his time is worth.

I love how he claims that it "handles pretty good for a bike as long and low as it is (or whatever he said verbatim)." Roughly translated it means "It's almost rideable for an unrideable hunk of dreck." Or maybe he really wouldn't know the difference.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:22 PM   #47
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re:

Are you intimating that this is yet another of his oft-repeated claims that has no basis in fact or is, at best, wildly exaggerated? Because I would be shocked.

Old 12-12-2006, 03:28 PM   #48
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re:

Whether he owned stock or not may have been another typical KP lie. However, since he doesn't mention it anymore, he probably sold it at $40 and how can you claim to be a motorcycle prophet when you can't even predict the stock price of one of the few public motorcycle companies?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 03:47 PM   #49
Neal
Founding Member

Default Re:

No...it has a basis in fact. Harley will likely face some drops in the near future. But,yes it is wildly exagerated and he has all the wrong reasons. Harley management is smart and understands the problems but their attempts at changing direction dont always gain market acceptance and what they are doing now is wildly successful so they cant abandon it. Also,I believe based on conversations with people with HD connections that Harley has been working on other applications of the VROD motor and water cooled Sportster type motors,but are leery about going full scale ahead because of market studies. Also,lets not forget that the current product line is good and sells well. But...well I could go on but Hell nobody wants to hear it. Its easier to say "Harley is shortsighted and GPTB Harley buyers are gonna die and Harley will collapse" or "Harley is great and will sustain growth forever" Im gonna take my meds now.....
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 03:49 PM   #50
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Default Re: Dogs and Cats Living Together!

Niiiice.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote