Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 12-11-2006, 12:44 PM   #51
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Default Re: WA State Motorcycle Safety Report

I think the answer is obvious. We should just ride in winter, when it's obviously safer. You can slide a real long way on wet roads with less abrasion.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-11-2006, 12:49 PM   #52
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

I don't ride in the raid cause it ain't much fun. For a while in the 70's, the only vehicle I had was a motorcyle, and fog did it for me. I missed my turn off and had to cross the median and go back a ways. I could hear a truck coming, but after a minute or two, it didn't sound any closer, so I just crossed my fingers and pulled onto the road. If not liking that sort of thing makes me a sissy, slap my ass and call me Sally.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:54 PM   #53
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

If you did get Volvoized, would it go down as lane error on your part? If you're dead, you can't contradict what the driver said.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:06 PM   #54
Z3n
Founding Member

While the first part of the article seems to be pretty much BS, the recommendations at the end are pretty well stated and would be beneficial. Especially the bit about getting training made available within 30 days...it's almost 3 months in socal to get into the MSF course, and the same in norcal...you think those kids that got caught by the cops and told to get their liscenses aren't riding?

If you believe that, i've got some "beechfront" property for you, that'll be prime real estate in about 50 years...right next to the planned nasa base.
Z3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 01:37 PM   #55
Neal
Founding Member

Aha...thats why its less enjoyable,which mweans less riding,which means less accidents! Your not as dumb as your little Buddy thinks you are!
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 01:46 PM   #56
Neal
Founding Member

I agree;I will not mix alcohol and riding. But in the interest of full disclosure, I wasnt always so responsible when much younger. And it would be naive to think that there arent plenty of 20 somethings out there who are as bad as I was. Luckily my son learned from my mistakes and wont ride if hes had a drink. But he tells horror stories of some of his buddies who werent lucky enough to have an irresponsible father to learn from.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 03:08 PM   #57
iamz
Founding Member

What SmokeU didn't tell you was there ain't any snow in central MN and it was damn near 50 degrees on Saturday! Sorry SmokeU. Gotta love this global warming though.
iamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 03:54 PM   #58
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

But it's like 73F here! You know, midsixties to 70's, perfect riding weather.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:16 PM   #59
MOwings
Founding Member

Almost all of the single vehicle fatalities had been drinking. Amazing. How stupid are people As for the other half, yes the cagers are out to kill us. I live in Washington and I think a lot of it is the beautiful summers we have had the last couple years and the number of new riders. The report doesn't really say how many deaths per mile ridden the rate has increased/decreased. I'm guessing the total miles ridden has gone up a lot in the last couple years too.
MOwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:48 PM   #60
Gluge
Registered Member

yea I thought a fatality rate would be fatalities / mile?

it's that what it is for cars?
#867 Barrett Meeker Racing
Gaerne - Regina - Shoei - Bridgestone
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Endorsed by Longride - "Of course your points are unarguable. You are the smartest guy in the whole world ... What you really taught me is how little I really know about motorcycles and how much you know. Yes, you are the best and the smartest."
Gluge is offline   Reply With Quote