Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 11-30-2006, 06:28 PM   #11
Fenton
Founding Member

Default Re: He should talk to longride about wearing a full face helmet

It's called marketing. The same reason I need a SUV with a 3rd row seat and a 50" plasma. He is working his target market...ie. that guy looks like me and rides a bike with loud pipes, he will understand my pain.

Total BS. Did your ZX6R win any bike comparos the year you bought it?
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-30-2006, 06:32 PM   #12
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Default Re: Do Loud Pipes on Motorcycles Save Lives? CA Biker Lawyer Thinks So!

Well you can certainly tell he's a biker, he's got the doo rag, vest and wannabe Japanese cruiser. Not sure about the lawyer bit, guess I'd have to see him in a Mens Wearhouse suit and some wing-tips....maybe a briefcase too..

I actually believe that moderately louder than stock is safer, runs better and sounds better than stock on some bikes. Not rattle windows-set-off-car-alarms-straight pipes, just better flow and a little more volume. I want cagers to know I'm there. Between my Triumph Off Road pipes and my Hi-Viz Aerostitch suit that I just got I figure I'm good to go.

I can tell they see me because they're squinting and covering their eyes as I pass. Shameless plug here, I rode in on my unfaired Bonnie this morning, 40 degrees, mixed rain and snow, lots of road spray, wearing my Aerostitch jacket and pants and a tank top and dress shirt underneath and was ok. Not warm but passable. I'll try it tomorrow with a fleece pullover underneath and should be warm and toasty. I've waited a long time to buy one of these, well worth the money in my book.

My personal experiance and opinion is that loud pipes get you noticed but visibility, situational awareness, a well maintained bike and skill keep you safe.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:40 PM   #13
mii54ws
Founding Member

Figures a lawer would use his "personal experiences" which mean next to nothing. I have stock pipes and DUAL AIR HORNS; "Walk softly and carry a BIG STICK".

What the lawer doesn't realize is that freeways are the most safest roads for motorcycles. All he is doing is P*&&*&G off motorists and encouraging them to lobby for motocycle banning, etc. It's the suburban roads with cross streets, and this is not PERSONAL EXPERIENCES; it's the Hurt Study from UCLA. It's the half deaf grandma or the boom-boxed airhead teenager that darts out the side streets. Loud pipes or even loud horns are worthless until nanoseconds before the BIG HURT is laid on the biker.
mii54ws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:50 PM   #14
Fenton
Founding Member

Go with the Aerostich wind-stopper shirt. I've worn all kinds of warm ski stuff under my roadcrafter and this is the best I've tried. Thin enough to wear under leathers too.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:00 PM   #15
priday
Founding Member

Default Enough, already!!!

What the f*** with the well thought out perspective??? I mean, c'mon, you're supposed to react with an emotional response!! Didn't you read the Terms And Conditions?

Nice post.

Rob

Horsepower is an illusory mathmatical equation; Torque is Real, and is the source of all good things in the world.
priday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 07:07 PM   #16
ksquid
Banned

Good point...Yep the ZX6R won MO's shootout in 2000 (first year of the model). In 2001 Bostrom won the AMA supersport with it and Andrew Pitt WSSS. Now I have it back good as new bright and yellow like the new 06 black version that Kawasaki is selling as the ZZ600
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 07:32 PM   #17
Fenton
Founding Member

My work is done here.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:35 PM   #18
schizuki
Founding Member

"Now I have it back good as new bright and yellow"

That Lemon Pledge really brings out the shine, doesn't it? And if you use a saucer you don't have to sweat those stubborn coffee-cup rings.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 04:08 AM   #19
Buzglyd
Founding Member

It went right over his head.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 04:10 AM   #20
robb_millett
Registered Member

has anyone noticed that Our Bad-Ass Biker Lawyer is standing in front of a Suzuki Marauder? vroom!
robb_millett is offline   Reply With Quote