Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 11-20-2006, 10:04 AM   #31
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: First Commercially Available Diesel Bike

I don't know about that but there is a Washington State Mental hospital escapee who is already very revolting.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-20-2006, 10:05 AM   #32
ksquid
Banned

Default Actually it's sooner than you think

You must live in a red state.
[*] Seattle biodiesel buses
[*]Portland Bus system
[*]Colorado, New Jersey, Nevada, Illinois, Virginia, Michagan
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 10:11 AM   #33
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: Life in Denial i.e Stay the Course crowd.

What part is incorrect Moderator?
Old 11-20-2006, 10:15 AM   #34
ksquid
Banned

Default A better looking diesel bike

Even tells you how to make biodiesel

A quote from that link

[i]"The (biodiesel making) process looked very simple and straight forward. A few hours later, he had about 20 gallons of biodiesel at a cost of around 70 cents per gallon for a net savings of about $1.50 per gallon. With your basic 30 gallon truck fuel tank, savings can add up fast. How about with a motorcycle? A 5 gallon tank would yield a savings of $7.50, but with a bike like the Thunder Star getting 150mpg, you would practically be riding free. Think about it."
Old 11-20-2006, 10:23 AM   #35
ksquid
Banned

Default The grateful Imperial Weasels

Na Na my work is done here for today. Once again the Imperial Weasels ridiculed and I countered with facts and data. Now they will be quiet for the rest of the day. Secretly, they know I am right and cherish the information I provide for them.. i.e. I am sure longride nows says to folks that he didn't vote for W and uses my arguments to put down W to his friends.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:59 AM   #36
Neal
Founding Member

Default Re: Actually it's sooner than you think

Actually, while i dont buy into the red/blue state BS,I live in a blue state. The fuels that are currently used are 5-20 percent blends,far from pure biodiesel. Use of blended biodiesel in public conveyances is a long way from where we need to be to make a major difference. I have been aware of and a supporter of biodiesel since before you glommed onto it as one of your "predictons";however,I have been at conferences where alternative fuels have been discussed and there are still hurdles to be cleared before biodiesel in private conveyances make a major impact on our fosil fuel consumption. The efforts you found in your "extensive" internet sources are a meaningful and necessary start but only a start. My points remain valid----diesel powered motorcycles will not make a major impact on the motorcycle industry for at LEAST 10 years. Bio diesel is still a developing technology and development of the fuel AND vehicles still need to be done .......and yes KPAUL,i knew biodiesel is being used;dont assume we are all idiots. Facts are facts,but arent any good unless you can absorb them and think mthrough and make your own conclusions. You have shown you can dig up facts but havent shown much fact processing ability. I dont mean to be harsh,but since you are an engineer,I expect better of you. Bye
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 11:03 AM   #37
Neal
Founding Member

Default Re: First Commercially Available Diesel Bike

Exactly......at this point,diesel engined motorcycles are expensive and performance is limited to certain uses (hi speed sport riding not being one of them) We are still aways from diesel motorcycle being a major player in the market.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:13 AM   #38
Neal
Founding Member

Default Re: A better looking diesel bike

KPAUL-----do some research on what it takes for a fuel to be certified for use(e.g.:sold commercially). The last report I read (I admit it was a while ago) stated that the maximim blend currently certified was 20 %biodiesel to diesel. Also manufacturer's were stating that use of blends greater than certified could be detrimental to vehicle longevity and would void warranty. Do some research on current regulations regarding biodiesel and manufacturer's position on it's use. Then do some research on what needs to happen for regs to change and whether current vehicles can run pure biodiesel or need to be modded or have design changes. Then use your own reasoning and thought processes to make a reasonable conclusion regarding how far we are from extensive use of pure biodiesel. THEN---apply it to motorcycles. At that point,you will have meaningful info to add to this forum. Until then you are just regurgitating readily available info and other's opinions. Have fun.....

My work here is done.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:21 AM   #39
ksquid
Banned

Neal you seemed to be wound up i.e trying to find a n argument. Chill
Old 11-20-2006, 11:22 AM   #40
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Start with something more simple like seeing if he can pat his head and rub his stomach at the same time.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote