Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 11-13-2006, 05:15 AM   #1
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Photo Tickets

A few months ago I posted a question regarding a similar situation. I posed for a red light pic on my motorcycle. The photo company couldn't make out my face due to my helmet and just sent a notice asking me to identify the rider if it wasn't me.

I threw it in the garbage and never heard another thing.

It's like volunteering for a ticket.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-13-2006, 05:48 AM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

I don't worry at all any more. Those evil red staters in the Utah legislature banned photocop except in school zones. Heh heh.

It was actually costing the cities money to use it since the private contractor takes something like 80% of the money. Only the donut eaters seemed to like it.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:11 AM   #3
Fenton
Founding Member

Was that the helmet with my likeness on it?
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 06:11 AM   #4
testcase
Founding Member

For what it's worth....

<blockquote>Woman who ignored tickets gets jail

The Associated Press

Thursday, November 9th, 2006 01:25 PM (PST)

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (AP) - A Chandler woman who ignored more than 70 speeding tickets this year has agreed to spend five days in jail and pay thousands of dollars in fines.

Francesca Cisneros, 32, made headlines when she was arrested and jailed for ignoring the tickets she received between March 2 and July 31.

She recently entered into a plea agreement with Scottsdale prosecutors.

Cisneros initially had entered a not guilty plea before City Court Judge James Blake in August but later agreed to plead guilty to three counts of criminal speeding and two counts of driving on a suspended license after weeks of negotiations.

The plea agreement also restricts her driving privileges for one year, places Cisneros on a year's probation and requires she pay fines on dozens of tickets she failed to resolve with the court, according to Scottsdale City Prosecutor Caron Close.

Cisneros will have to pay an average of $157 per ticket for 51 civil speeding violations, fines of $293 for each criminal speeding violation and $568 for each count of driving on a suspended license. Those fines total $10,022.

Most of Cisneros' speeding tickets were from Scottsdale's freeway photo enforcement cameras on Loop 101.

She was arrested and briefly jailed in August for ignoring the speeding tickets.

Cisneros told police that she drove above the speed limit because she was late to meetings and didn't think anything would happen to her for ignoring the tickets.

About 25 speeding tickets Cisneros received on Loop 101 were dismissed as part of her plea agreement, Close said.

---

Information from: East Valley Tribune/Scottsdale Tribune, http://www.aztrib.com </blockquote>

--------------------------------------------------
The Wheelnerds Podcast - http://www.wheelnerds.com
testcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 06:12 AM   #5
tomk2
Founding Member

You k00ks must be getting your ticket advice from the same guys that told Wesley Snipes that the IRS had no authority to make him pay taxes.

Poor Wesley got away with it for years, thinking that his unique legal theories were panning out... until the cosmic ***** slap came due.

My advice...

a) don't run red lights

b) pay your tickets
tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 06:33 AM   #6
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Yes. Did you get the ticket?
Old 11-13-2006, 06:34 AM   #7
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I never received a ticket. I was sent what is called a "nomination."

I invoked my 5th amendment rights and chucked it.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:36 AM   #8
Buzglyd
Founding Member

If I was planning on breaking the law that many times, I'd probably attach my license plate with velcro and just pop it off and throw it in the back seat during that part of the commute.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:00 AM   #9
ymsamhi
Registered Member

I got one for speeding in Albuquerque. It was a notice of violation of fixed speed and had pictures and video of my plate. It says that the burden falls on me to prove it was not me driving by having a police report reporting it stolen, proof of sale prior to date of violation or that it was the wrong vehicle. It also says that I can not sell the vehicle until this is resolved and that if I get popped again my insurance company will be notified. My wife was a criminal prosecutor in Atlanta and advised that it would be better to pay it or fight it. Not ignore it.
ymsamhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 07:05 AM   #10
pplassm
Founding Member

I got one in DC a while back. The citation said that if I paid the ticket, they would not assess any traffic point and not notify the DMV. I figured the $50 was cheap insurance.