Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Paranoid News Clips (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/)
-   -   Motorcycle Accident Victim Disputes Police Report. (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/4008-motorcycle-accident-victim-disputes-police-report.html)

zenjim 10-19-2006 06:12 AM

Re: Motorcycle Accident Victim Disputes Police Report.

Sounds fishy.

First

acecycleins 10-19-2006 06:33 AM

I'd be interested in seeing the private investigators findings. Something doesn't add up in this. The kid may not have been scratched up but then again there was no mention of the gear or lack of gear he had on at the time.

HelterSkelter 10-19-2006 07:41 AM

I hate to sound callous, but it sounds like this poor guy has a case of "I'm not responsible for my own actions and someone else should pay-syndrome".

It's pandemic throughout the USA at the moment.

(Oh that and a friend of mine broke his bike in a bike accident and there wasn't a mark on him.)

2dog 10-19-2006 08:05 AM

surely in this day and age the police could do more to find the driver of the other vehicle what about crime scene investigation as he could have killed this young guy I for one believe him.

bigsamm 10-19-2006 08:12 AM

Pretty scetchy on the details.

Casey_Daniel 10-19-2006 08:48 AM

No pictures of the bike? Seems to me they'd be able to tell by looking at the bike. Sometimes accident victems lose a short amount of memory before the accident happened as well. Maybe he doesn't actually recall being at the light. Whether it was his fault or not what the hell are we paying insurance for if there's always a loop hole so they don't have to pay?

eekadog 10-19-2006 08:48 AM

watch the video...

How the hell did he split his RIM IN HALF! by himself...

either way i'm glad he's not dead...

Dr_Sprocket 10-19-2006 08:49 AM

Has anyone ever seen where a rim was completely broke through after a lowside? Or a highside accident where only one side of the fairings were damaged? Did the chief ever have formal accident reconstruction training, or do we all have as much training as he does? Conspiracy theorist unite!

Dr_Sprocket 10-19-2006 08:52 AM

BTW, have you ever seen someone who was not wearing leathers get up completely unscathed from a lowside? Heck, I lowsided on my bicycle at about 30mph coming around a corner (hit patch of sand) and had on hell of a road tattoo for a month!

aciurczak 10-19-2006 09:19 AM

Why won't his insurance pay? Is there really a clause in it that says if you are found at fault (or in this case, nobody else was found at fault), they deny your medical bills?

As much as we wouldn't like to talk about it, I'd venture 80%+ of single-motorcycle accidents can be clearly blamed on the operator, yet the vast majority I've read about have their insurance coverage come through anyway. What's different in this case?