Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Paranoid News Clips (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/)
-   -   Motorcycle Accident Victim Disputes Police Report. (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/4008-motorcycle-accident-victim-disputes-police-report.html)

seruzawa 10-19-2006 04:21 PM

Re: Motorcycle Accident Victim Disputes Police Report.

I have the trump card. Rider competence. All other factors are insignificant.

Hallelujah! I have truly seen the light.

seruzawa 10-19-2006 04:23 PM

Re: Sporbikes don't kill people who ride Sportbikes kill

He's upset because MO just tested two cruisers that stop in shorter distances than his ZX6.

Dr_Sprocket 10-19-2006 04:46 PM

What kind of gear were you wearing? Maybe I need to upgrade.

Dr_Sprocket 10-19-2006 04:54 PM

Re: Everyone should do this...

Working in healthcare, it was a no brainer to upgrade from the minimum PIP and medical coverage. I would recommend this to all... and it only cost me $30-$40 more every six months. That's one dinner at home every six months. Fuggetaboutit! (?sp)

ksquid 10-19-2006 05:30 PM

Excellent Link thanks

Hey I am going to post this up higher so people can notice it better.

ksquid 10-19-2006 05:32 PM

OK MOrons your homerwork assignment .

Is to read this link courtesy of jmortensen. Make sure you are covered by your health insurance

AMA insurance story link

ksquid 10-19-2006 05:38 PM

Re: Sporbikes don't kill people who ride Sportbikes kill

Seruzawa that dog just won't hunt.

dylanmo 10-19-2006 05:49 PM

Re: Fine print in a blue state?!!!

Nice counterpoint. You're, as usual, bankrupt. Also, you forgot to bold some words.

Robert94903 10-19-2006 06:06 PM

I just called his mother. She said I was the first person to call her. OF COURSE A CAR HIT HIM. Look at the rear wheel. Does anyone remember the old Lester Mags from the days before most bikes had cast wheels. I remember the tests they went through and the stress they would take before breaking, it was unbelieveable, and that was 25 years ago. The posts that mention no riding gear was mentioned need to watch the video. He was at least wearing a helmet. Call his mother, she is nice. I'm in Marin County California, she is in Texas.

obandoj 10-19-2006 07:27 PM

Let me tell you a little story. On 01/08/06, a Sunday, I went for a ride on my dual sport bike on a local dirt road not far from my house, this is a state route in Arizona, I found myself following a pick-up truck that was traveling at about 35 MPH, then slowed to about 20, then slowed to about 5 MPH and pulled over to the right side of the road, at that moment I decided that it was time to pass him, I was traveling at about 20 MPH when I went to pass him, the speed limit on this particular road is 35 MPH, anyway the moment I went to pass, the a$$hole made a U-turn right in front of me, I hit both of my brakes as hard as I could but hit his truck pretty hard right behind the driver's door, I was knocked down and out for a split second, when I opened my eyes, he opened his door really hard and broke a bone in my right hand with it. I had broken ribs, badly bruised right knee, badly bruised right hip, sprained neck, a bruised kidney plus the above mentioned hand, my bike had $1500 worth of damage, when the ambulance showed up, they destroyed all of my riding gear (helmet, goggles, chest protector, jersey, pants)

When the police showed up, the elderly couple who were in the truck, told the officers that I had been traveling at high rate of speed, and that he (the driver) had been using his turn signal the whole time before making his turn (a dastarly lie!) The police officer then took some measurements on the loose gravel and sand, and agreed with the liers (later I found out he had no formal training with motorcycles or in the dirt!) and gave me a citation for traveling too fast for the conditions. Long story short, I am still having many repercussions from that little joke, both economic and physical and the bad driver got away with it.