Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 10-17-2006, 01:50 PM   #31
FrankS1
Founding Member

Default Re: New Study Says Cars Typically at Fault in 2-Vehicle Wrecks.

If Mr Malphus believes that "loud pipes save lives", I have to assume he's afraid of being run down by overtaking motorists - or does he have U-shaped exhaust pipes which project sound back toward the front, and which actually might help a little?

We Ducati owners really know that the only valid saying is that "Loud clutches save lives".

Fact: if you shop around, you can insure a Duc for less than other sport bikes of the same retail price. (Most insurance companies put the money in their pockets, or use it to help pay for acciodents by cruisers and Big 4 sport bikes, but keep looking.) Fact: the high pitched rattle from a Ducati clutch radiates in all directions, not just to the back.

Whoops, I just ran out of verifiable facts. Just take my word for it, or ask any Ducati owner.
FrankS1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-17-2006, 01:59 PM   #32
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Unless you got one O' them trick Ti or carbon half-shields over the clutch - THEN it is mostly heard in the direction of the opening..........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 02:05 PM   #33
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Actually KP, I don't think you are really all that far off here; - granted, I believe you are making a few assumptions, and working with incomplete (to say the least!) data. I think perhaps you're using this article to support your pet grievance, but the POINT of the matter - that inexperienced, unlicensed "Sunday Riders" are probably the victims more oft than not - is reasonably sound.

Oh yeah - you seem to be on fire here lately with the submissions (and on overtime with the posts and replies!).
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 06:45 PM   #34
seruzawa
The Toad

You ain't seen nothing yet. Wait until it's closer to the election. It really gets bad during a presidential election. He'll be frantically posting multiple links to wacko political websites on every thread and calling everyone who doesn't like his candidate an idiot. Eventually he gets banned.

Old 10-17-2006, 09:14 PM   #35
Flickmeister
Registered Member

It sure is a lot different down here in Florida. My guess is that 80-85% of the motorcycle owners don't wear helmets. And many of them are cruiser riders, usually headed to the local tavern to have a few brews and swap lies about their motorcycling prowess. BUT.....here, many sportbike pilots don't wear helmets either (hanging it off your helmet holder scores zippo credit in my rating system). They are almost as bad as the cruiser riders. Much as I hate the thought of it, when given a choice, the majority of the motorcycling populace are a bunch of complete idiots.
Flickmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 03:48 AM   #36
pplassm
Founding Member

Default Re: For those of you who didn't bother to read the story I have the W (condensed) ver

Ya know, you are REALLY irritating.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:59 AM   #37
KLRer
Founding Member

Its OK to point it out to the general public who may not be aware of it, especially with all the talk going around about how dangerous motorcycles are: "scourges of the road" some dimwit was saying via mass media a few weeks back. We just had a big 18 wheeler turn over around here, caught fire, igniting a load of sawdust which couldnt be readily extinguished. Nor could the semi be uprighted till the fire went out. Net result, couple of fatalities and a major interstate completely shut down for 9 hours. No motorcycles involved.
KLRer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 01:12 PM   #38
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Us VFR types believe that loud car gears save lives, and for any VFR to not have them IS JUST WRONG.

And while we're stating the obvious, sparring with the squid is like wrestling with a pig. You're both gonna get dirty, but the pig likes it.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 01:14 PM   #39
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

That's CAM gears, of course. I hate it when I do that.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote