Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 10-16-2006, 06:41 PM   #41
racerjak
Registered Member

Default Re: Park Cty Sheriff Tops 145 mph in Chase.

Yes sir, That copper must be real proud of himself, risking everyone else`s life just to get that biker for a traffic violation. I`m sure he`s a legend in his own mind!!!!
racerjak is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-16-2006, 07:42 PM   #42
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

He 'bumped his rear tire' at 145mph? And where did the scrapes come from?
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:45 PM   #43
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

I realize it was a typo, but peruse is a more interesting way to put it.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:48 PM   #44
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

When I commit my next murder, I want to have it investigated by Colorado Cops and get an L.A. jury.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:50 PM   #45
AlaskaS3
Founding Member

It's another case of two wrongs don't make a right. The motorcyclist hit the police officer, and he hit him back. They should both be locked up, in the same cell, with a bottle of whiskey, and some PCP. Stage a little fight to the death, then lock the other one up.
AlaskaS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 01:37 AM   #46
busa99999
Founding Member

Default Re: Park Cty. Sheriff Tops 145 mph in Chase.

Twice on the show Cops they have shown police cars hiting bikes. The first explained that the bike had better brakes!The bike had pulled into a one way street stopped then was hit. The second I belive they said somthing like another law breaker bites the dust.
busa99999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 02:35 AM   #47
familydad
Registered Member

Frank:

I'd have to strongly agree with you. Maybe if we had a little more of this out east things would be different. It's amazing how we tend to remember our most "painful" lessons. As a teenager, I told my father I could kick his &*^. I woke up an hour later staring at the sky. I didn't make that mistake again.
familydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 02:35 AM   #48
mjw930
Founding Member

How do you make the leap from "biker" to Harley? Are you of the belief that "bikers" only ride Harley's? If so then I suggest you widen your vision a bit.

While the story was sensationalized I have no problem with it. I'm sick and tired of hearing all the whining about "endangering everyone around them". These idiots flagrantly break the law then proceed to run rampant through our neighborhoods where it's EXPECTED they will be let run free because we're afraid that a chase will involve collateral damage. I'm sorry but that's about the most bleeding heart liberal BS I've ever heard. Deterrence is one of the best tools we have and when a criminal knows that all they have to do is push the gas pedal and the cops will back off then you incite this type of behavior. If they knew that they would be hunted down, forcibly ejected from their vehicle and "roughed up" a little I bet they would think twice about running......

BTW, a "stock" V-Rod tops out at 147 mph which is red line in 5th gear and I know someone with an autographed FHP ticket stating exactly that......
mjw930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 02:55 AM   #49
HelterSkelter
Founding Member

Frank, well I sympathise somewhat with your position, I still have to fallback on what my Mother taught me and that is "that two wrongs don't make a right".

Either the police are police or they just make up stuff as they go along, in which case they're no better than the criminals they chase. Here in the USA too much outright police brutality and law breaking is too casually classed under the "well if you mess with a cop" catagory, like that somehow excuses they're behavior, it doesn't.
HelterSkelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 03:11 AM   #50
sfarson
Registered Member

Default Re: Park Cty. Sheriff Tops 145 mph in Chase.

I know the Sheriff, live here in Park County, even had my children in the high school during the hostage crisis.

The Denver Post article was poorly written. Plus, some clarifications/comments on posts above.

+ I'm sure the sherriff didn't hit the motorcyclist as the article tersely notes. Wegener actively rides a bike himself. He wouldn't have done it to cause a crash.

+ I heard he took off after the motorcyclist in the department's Dodge Charger Hemi.

+ 145mph is entirely possible in South Park. Not in the canyon where the chase started, but once over Kenosha Pass it is wide open and straight with speeds that could easily exceeed 145pmh if desired.
sfarson is offline   Reply With Quote