Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 10-16-2006, 08:51 AM   #21
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: Park Cty Sheriff Tops 145 mph in Chase.

(Sarcasm on)Yep even though the LEO has the guys license plate number the LEO has no time to check to see if the bike is stolen so he must peruse. He must make an example of this public menace by chasing and bumping him (sarcasm off). I am sure they could have picked him up quietly latter on and not burn all of that gas.

Kind of like the ATF and FBI had to take down David Koresh of Waco fame ASAP they couldn't wait and pick him up at a 7/11 quietly. Danger to the public and all of that.

ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-16-2006, 09:36 AM   #22
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

The Police Model Charger is speed-limited to 145mph.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:38 AM   #23
bk6a
Founding Member

dead milkmen references...

and the pi crownvic with a low profile light bar will hit at least the low 140's...it ain't your daddy's ford.
bk6a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:03 AM   #24
Buzglyd
Founding Member

ahh the Dead Milkmen bring back memories of my college radio days.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:05 AM   #25
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Reno was afraid they were abusing the children in the compound so they decided to burn it down and kill 'em all.

That's a solution.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:17 AM   #26
SuperBill
Founding Member

Anybody else disappointed by the "naked shorts" story on the sidebar?
SuperBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:24 AM   #27
maladg
Registered Member

Lon Horiuchi. He is the Imperial Federal Gov employee that shot unarmed Vicki Weaver - in the face - while unarmed and holding her infant daughter.

Don't forget that name. Ever.
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:33 AM   #28
seruzawa
The Toad

It was okay for him to do that because an FBI psychologist wrote a report that said she was the leader of the Weaver Cult.

Of course, in usual FBI psychologist fashion, he never once talked to her.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:47 AM   #29
bigjames
Premium Member

The naked shorts article was BS, but the WalMart ad, er, I mean article was most interesting...

Now, about the idiot on the bike. He is not a biker, he wasn't on a Harley! I don't even think a V-Rod will do 145...so no Harley can do 145, but once again "Bikers" get blamed. As for holes in the story, well, duh. Motorcycle involved in a hit and run and the bike did the hit and run? Huh? From the other articles in that newspaper, sounds like they have a problem with that in Denver! Anyhow, what kind of idiot stands in the middle of his own road block in harms way? Some kind of cowboy? Well, he is in Denver... He gets hit by the bike and gets up and gets in his patrol car? Sounds a wee bit dramatic...claims the bike hit 145 and he catches up to him? How in the hell did he do that?!? Must have been one of those new hemi Charger cop cars? The ones they race in Nascar that is... Then he tries a PIT on the bike. Uh, was this the same bike that was doing 145? May be, just may be he was trying to slow down to stop? Who knows, that will never come out in court...any how, if some idiot hit me on with his bike, I would be a bit pi$$ed myself...but I am not allowed to try to kill the guy, even if he deserved it. Have a sneaking suspicion that the bike was knocked down in vengance and not for law enforcement. Wonder if there is a camera in that car?

However, the guy on the bike apparently did a series of stupid things that culminated with him and the bike being put on the group. The bike deserved better...and I would place the rider (with the limited knowledge at hand) in the waste of skin catagory.

Betcha the poor innocent bike was stolen, but that doesn't make a good anti-bike story...so we'll never know...
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 11:01 AM   #30
cota
Registered Member

I've road 285 pretty regular for 20 years, it hasn't been that kind of fast since about 1995. Too many farm trucks, construction vehicles, and tourists doing way under the limit. Most of the road west of Bailey has pretty deep shoulders, it's two lane, non symetrical curves, deer, and there's always sand or gravel from the driveways and scenic turnouts that are everywhere. Anybody that could hold 145 on that road would be a candidate for a factory team or the funny farm.
cota is offline   Reply With Quote