Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 09-23-2006, 09:28 AM   #1
drthompson65
Founding Member

Default Re: AMA Analyzing Court Decision That Blocks ''Roadless'' Plan.

1st!
2004 Ducati 999 Mono Yellow (Wrecked May 06)
2006 Ducati 999S Mono Black (Replaced Wife June 06)

1972-2000 A collection of mini, dirt, and road bikes to vast too list..
drthompson65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-23-2006, 09:40 AM   #2
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Since when did Democrats start restricting personal liberties based on dubious environmental claims?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 01:37 PM   #3
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

You are a dumbass/Your personal liberties have nothing to do with ruining the environment. Maybe we should come do donuts on your lawn in front of your doublewide. You should have no problem with that since you certainly wouldn't want to infringe on everyones personal liberties.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 01:47 PM   #4
Buzglyd
Founding Member

You should change your handle to non sequitur
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 03:12 PM   #5
obandoj
Founding Member

The problem here is not only the Republicans, but also the Democrats, and the irresponsible land users as well. The democrats want to close everything so that "future generations can enjoy it", the republicans want to use and abuse it , keep it open for the people and in the name of freedom, develop, mine, pollute and in general destroy everything, and the irresponsible users blaze trails, use loud exhaust systems to terrorize wild life as well as other users, trash pristine areas and give the democrats more ammo in their over zealous fight to close it all!

And that leaves the rest of us, the people who really care for the land, the animals and the environment to try and find a balance and compromise so that it can stay open, so that it can be enjoyed and cherised, so that we can keep the a$$holes at bay and in the end be able to ride and explore, camp, love and enjoy nature.

What we need to do is to come up with some very stiff rules and penalties for those who brake them, we need to patrol ourselves and turn the law brakers in. And last but not least, we need to work with the Forestry Service, local goverment and yes, as much as I hate to say it, with local politicians (same as above) , so that we can keep our lands and our riding, camping and exploring rights, alive and well.

What kind of a free country would we be if we could not go out and enjoy the great outdoors, think about it!
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 03:23 PM   #6
Weezel
Registered Member

I ride on road. I ride off road. Hmmm....guess that means I have a dual sport. Correctomundo. And anyone who thinks we don't have enough forest roads, trails, etc. to get yourself dirty is a friggin' moron who can't read a topo map. I'm actually fed up with all the ATV's that are ruining my favorites trails. And the answer is NOT to build more roads through the wilderness. Camping, hiking, hunting, and fishing in peace are a hell of a lot more important than building more dirt roads for riding. I say damn straight you control bikes (and all the other machines) in the wilderness - it's getting too damn noisy and dusty. Can't hear my own noise anymore.

There, I said it. Now flame on.
Weezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 03:32 PM   #7
anrajala
Founding Member

I agree and I disagree. Its a balancing act between "saving the environment" and "freedom of the man", both worthy causes.

In Finland we resolved this in the most dumb-ass manner by ruling illegal any motor activity outside designated roadways. This is one of the stupidest laws we have (and the competition in this category is fierce I tell ya). Surely we have vast pristine areas that need to be protected from any motoring use. But similarily we have a lot of ho-hum average wasteland where anybody could ride a XR 250 with no harm to nobody and his dog.

- cruiz-euro

anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 03:34 PM   #8
obandoj
Founding Member

I agree with you 100% on the ATV side, they (ATV's) have allowed a bunch of newbies, with no skills, no love for the outdoors and no lasting interest in the sport to come in and ruin it for the rest of us, they are the majority of the people I was talking about in the above entry. I wish they would just go away, along with a bunch of liberal californians.
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 04:35 PM   #9
pplassm
Founding Member

There's no denying that the proliferation of ATV's (not off-road motorcycles) has horribly skewed this question. As Super Hunky said "The best thing about ATVs is, any idiot can ride one. The worst thing about ATVs is, any idot can ride one."

I believe the skillset required to ride a motorcycle off-road used to keep the real morons out of the woods and wilderness. Now, they no longer have that impediment.

We all lose.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:55 PM   #10
ksquid
Banned

Default Ok you Fox News fans time to get your facts straight

1. National Environmental Protection Act became law during the Nixon Administration in 1969.

2. Bush's plan violated provisions in that act i.e the vilotated the law (sound familiar)

3. Clinton's plan respected the act i.e. obeyed the law.

It's that simple. So GPTB quit reading any more into it.
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote