Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 09-15-2006, 10:17 AM   #121
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

Default Re: I agree with you on some things.

The majority of the complicated high tech software is built in the US. The folks in india that write software are not the ones who develop the ideas, they're just grinding it out, usually at the behest of an american corporation that will sell the stuff overseas.

I'm sticking to my guns on this one. If our economy sinks far enough that it is cost-effective for American workers to work assembly line jobs building manufactured goods, then that means our economy has sunk to the same level as indonesia, china, etc... Either that or their economies have risen to the point where they no longer want those jobs. Either way it's not a good sign of American dominance in a global market.
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Kreb_Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-15-2006, 10:23 AM   #122
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

Default Re: Wake up and smell the coffeee

Come on, every piece of software on your PC is American made. People knock MS but to call them a hack is ridiculous. Consumer software is almost 100% american made, even if some of the pre-defined and spec'ed pieces are made in other countries, it is American companies that reap the profits. Embedded software for phones, which is the biggest and fastest growing market for embedded software right now, is largely built in the US. Also, although I'm sure Boeing does outsource some software development to other countries, the end product is sold by Boeing. And I bet you anything the design of that software is done largely here.
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Old 09-15-2006, 10:25 AM   #123
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

Default Re: BMW vs Harley Police Motorcycle debate Revs Up in CO.

Self-proclaimed goon.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:10 AM   #124
RRRIDER
Registered Member

Default Re: BMW vs Harley Police Motorcycl debate Revs Up in CO.

Well according to the article, HD didn't cut it for the Police Officers. THe BMW did, so that seems the logical choice for only $500 more. If Harley built better products and not paint shakers, they may have had that town's business. I have a ford truck (american trucks are good), but for my sedan, Acura was the best choice for me. The quality on american made cars just isn't there; better, but not quite there. BTW, Acura TL and other models are assembled in Ohio by...americans!
RRRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 11:17 AM   #125
ksquid
Banned

Wrong on every single count... Where do you live pal? Kansas City? How long so you think Microsoft, Oracle etc have been getting software components from India? Email me if you have questions? Cause you seem really out of touch with reality

'
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 11:21 AM   #126
ksquid
Banned

Default Get a clue. You are long way from Kansas Dorthy

Where do you live? Come to Seattle and I'll show you..You are either isolated, young and naive, or totaly out of touch with reality.. Telcom systems have software from India, Real-time Embedded SW for phones etc have been developed in India for years, HP, Oracle, Microsoft, Sun all have sites in India and major partners like Wipro, Infosys, Tata, and Luxsoft (Russia). Go look at their websites
Old 09-15-2006, 11:25 AM   #127
ksquid
Banned

http://www.microsoft.com/india/indiadev/

http://sg.sun.com/employment/india/

http://www.naukri.com/gpw/oracle/business.htm

The list goes on and on

where do live pal?
Old 09-16-2006, 12:50 PM   #128
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

Not wrong on any counts KP. I live in seattle, not you precious renton. I've worked at Microsoft and I've outsourced to india while here. I worked for Visual Studio, Office, and a wierd group that disappeared. I've worked for multiple financial companies in the area, some of them software companies. I don't need your silly expertise. Yes, major software companies outsource discreet and simple component development to India. Microsoft has gone a step further and has opened branches in India allowing their indian developers who work here to move back home and take a pay cut. At the end of the day, Microsoft sells windows and office, and THEY get the profits.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:53 PM   #129
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

Like I say, I live in seattle and have worked at Microsoft and even outsourced some dev work there to India. I think you're missing my point. I'm not saying that major companies don't outsource, I'm saying that the major knowledge work is done here. The grunt development can be done anywhere.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:54 PM   #130
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

Default Re: Get a clue. You are long way from Kansas Dorthy

I'm your age I suspect, and you're talking out of your ass. Now in addition to being wrong you've become offensive.