Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 09-15-2006, 03:32 AM   #111
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Re: BMW vs Harley Police Motorcycle debate Revs Up in CO.

"Right, because when you buy a foreign product they immediately turn around, take that cash, tape it into a cardboard box and ship it straight out of the country where it never ever sees the light of America's sunshine again!"

True, but I always thought they simply use bank transfers Â…

"American workers of foreign countries? They don't get paid. They're SLAVES! SOUL-LESS AUTOMATONS WHOSE CHILDREN ARE BEING HELD HOSTAGE BY THEIR SLANT-EYED/GOOSE-STEPPING OPPRESSORS!

Yep, Indian telephone operators that man call centers for any US companies get as little as $200 a month.

"Foreign factories/offices here in America? They STOLE the land from hard-working honest Americans! STOLE the land and the time and materials needed to build them and staffed them with the above-mentioned slave labor!"

No, we already stole the land and shipped in our own slaves. DonÂ’t you know your history boy?

"Yup, no money spent on a foreign product ever stays here in the US.. yup yup."

Yup. ThatÂ’s whatÂ’s called a trade deficit

"God Bless America!"

Yep, Pres Bush is blesses America every day.

bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-15-2006, 04:35 AM   #112
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Jap tech = Old tech ... very old tech

I am continually amazed by the ignorant numbskulls that who are under the impression that the technologies employed on Japanese sport bikes are somehow modern and the technologies employed on HD are old.

Fact is, there is precious little on either bike that wasnÂ’t around since before 1930. Fuel injection, double over head cams, four valve per cylinder, water cooling, dry/wet sump lubrication etc. etc. were all well established before 1930. I4 engines were first made in 1890.

Jeez, mr crotch rocket races sir, you sure have an ancient motor in your bike. Your bike is less modern than 12" vinyl records.

Old 09-15-2006, 05:34 AM   #113
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Default Re: BMW vs Harley Police Motorcycle debate Revs Up in CO.

I seem to recall that a substantial number of the BMWs that entered the Iron Butt a couple of years ago were plagued by alternator-belt failures, and became "also ran's". But of the H-Ds that entered (and there were several), only one had problems severe-enough to affect its finish position. And *IT* finished the Rally under its own power. (this is all from mem'ry here - check the IBA website for details, I may have some wrong)

Mind, I'm not exactly a Harley fan, but The Motor Company has indeed made great strides in the longevity and reliability of its bikes over the last few decades.

So far as the BMW for Police use goes; I was in my local Dealership one day, they had a Police bike up on a rack for service - replacing the clutch. In talking about it, I learned that this was the THIRD clutch on this particular bike in as many months (Step One: Break Bike in Half.......). The Dealer was beginning to wish he'd never sold it in the first place. Cops "ride the clutch" a LOT it seems.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 06:48 AM   #114
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

Default Re: OTHER CRITERIA BESIDES PRICE?

I'm sure you don't wish me any harm though, do you.
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Kreb_Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 06:54 AM   #115
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Re: OTHER CRITERIA BESIDES PRICE?

No, I only intend to insult ...
Old 09-15-2006, 07:09 AM   #116
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

Default Re: Whoa Dude Apples and Oranges

You're trying too hard to agree. It's not sarcasm. Yes, we are outsourcing knowledge work, in fact I have 5 developers in India right now building stuff for me. They're building the easy-cheesy stuff, stuff that any entry level developer could build. They're basically putting the simple engineering in after I and the American developers that I hired designed it. American innovation and science are still top notch. Although bigdx is a big ****, he and I agree about this. His dvd examples are perfect; Americans still build great high-end stuff. But run-of-the-mill stuff where the only science involved is making it cheaper and lighter; that's all built off-shore, where it should be. Technology of all kind is in high form in America, medical, electronic and otherwise. Trying to pretend that we're ever going to build running shoes or telephones (or dvd players, since I'm not going to spend more than a couple hundred bucks even if I'm rich on a dvd player) that anyone wants or can afford to buy is silly. We need to focus on continuing to be a driving force of innovation and science and leave the hammering up to folks who can afford to do it. And yes, I call myself a liberal big ****, but the America you and I inhabit are apparently in different dimensions, because I'm certainly an American.
He was a fattish but active man of paralyzing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms—one of those completely unquestioning, devoted drudges on whom, more even than on the thought police, the stability of the Party depended. - George Orwell _1984_
Old 09-15-2006, 07:10 AM   #117
Kreb_Cycle
Registered Member

Default Re: The question was

Read my above response to KP and quit thinking with your anus.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:06 AM   #118
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Re: The question was

Read my response - the US DOES build the best DVD players, and that is not any evidence of anything.

YouÂ’re just happy in selling out the US manufacturing sector because you have a half baked theory that that is somehow a bad thing.

BTW, I have to think with my anus in order to communicate with posters like you and kook. God knows, I cannot get my brain to dumb down that far.

Old 09-15-2006, 09:07 AM   #119
ksquid
Banned

Default Wake up and smell the coffeee

I suspect you are building low end business software like Y2k work. I have found in building high end stuff it is no longer true what you say. India is building high end stuff for my company so is Russia. These companies are SEI CCMI Level 5 as well. They competency centers in Middleware, Embedded Software, WebServices, J2EE, Yet the turn around a superior products faster and cheaper... The grads I have seen from IIT are much more inclined to use more advanced technology, innovate more and superior software engineering methods. In general Americans tend to hack. Problem is that can be creative and great for open software projects but not for production critical applications..
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 09:18 AM   #120
ksquid
Banned

Default I agree with you on some things.

I agree with you bigdx... He is a little out of it he must be in the Midwest somewhere. Out here in the capital of Software Engineering and Aerospace we agree you can't just give up on manufactering sector and think we can sell software and hamburgers to each other. Even Bill Gates said that .. Software can be built anywhere in fact more and more is getting built outside of the U.S. Good techy stuff not just the low end stuff.
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote