Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 08-22-2006, 08:10 AM   #81
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: Surprising Turn In CA Helmet Battle.

Gee, motorcyclists that love freedom. What a paradox!
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-22-2006, 01:33 PM   #82
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

I may have helped start it up, in Benicia. In 1968. I don't know who exactly does what to whom with what, but I know Shell recently tried to shut a small refinery down in Bakersfield, on the grounds that it couldn't find enough crude. That may have been a "free market" decision, maybe not. All I know is that at that time, I was working offshore in the SB channel, making tons of crude of just the sort it needed. It was so crappy that we were getting about 20 bucks a barrel for it. Let's just say I'm a little suspicious of large corporation, having worked for one most of my adult life. In 36 years, I never worked anywhere that EXXON would admit to having made any money.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 07:30 PM   #83
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Damn Dave 1968? You must be an old fart like me. Interesting to hear about your experiences working in the oil industry. here is a take on government interference in the free market of medicine writen by the only elected politician in america that I have a shread of respect for. http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul339.html
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 10:18 AM   #84
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Default Re: How about something more helpful Â…

I give up pre EDR VFR when they pry my cold, dead hand from the throttle grip. It may be too late for me with cars, though. Like an idiot, I got talked in LO-JAC, so that I could reap the benefits of having a car that could be tracked down if anyone ever stole it. Saved me six bucks a year, and, in my paranoid fantasies, the guys in Black Helicopters can now trace my every movement. I may have to stay away from the strip clubs.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:23 AM   #85
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

If we work real hard at it, we can probably make Libertarian as dirty a word as Liberal is.