Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Paranoid News Clips (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/)
-   -   Surprising Turn In CA Helmet Battle. (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/3840-surprising-turn-ca-helmet-battle.html)

Kreb_Cycle 08-21-2006 08:44 AM

Re: No it isn't

Who is Carl Marx?

longride 08-21-2006 09:00 AM

Re: Surprising Turn In CA Helmet Battle.

Mankind is at its best when it is most free. This will be clear if we grasp the principle of liberty. We must recall that the basic principle of liberty is freedom of choice, which saying many have on their lips but few in their minds.-- Dante Alighieri

Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility.--Sigmund Freud

bigdx 08-21-2006 09:01 AM

How about something more helpful Â…

65% of all 2005 model year cars are equiped with event data recorders (according to NHTSA). By 2011 all new cars (and motorcycles?) will have them. EDRs record data about what a vehicle is doing in the moments just before and after a crash.

EDRÂ’s can be developed to automatically phone 911 and emergency services in the event of an accident. Neat! I feel safe already.

Of course they can also phone law enforcement each time you exceed the speed limit and track each and every movement you make.

ccmun 08-21-2006 10:41 AM

Its amazing how this site has become the home of a peculiar species of self-righteous, bombastic libertarians....

You people need to lighten up...

bigdx 08-21-2006 10:57 AM

Thruxomatic 08-21-2006 04:08 PM

Uh, you are mocking the wrong guy. I bought increased coverage for disability and long-term health insurance the minute I got my Thrux. I didn't even have to be asked.

Thruxomatic 08-21-2006 04:17 PM

Re: I am not talking about Socialized medicine...Supplemental is ..

Yeah, universal health care will put the US over the top, but spending more on military than all other countries combined won't? Give me a break. Cut the military spending down to 1/3 of its current level, it will still be the highest in the world, and you could afford universal care in a heartbeat. It is all a matter of priorities.

Besides, the per capita cost in the US is over twice that of in Canada, but it only covers about 60% of the population. You think there might just be a bit of waste there?

bigdx 08-21-2006 06:52 PM

Siegmund was a Dumbocrat?

Kreb_Cycle 08-22-2006 06:52 AM

Oh, you mean Karl Marx. Where did YOU go to school?

Kreb_Cycle 08-22-2006 06:55 AM

Our health insurance rates are not affected by the injuries caused by helmetless riders in a meaningful way.

The insurance argument is a boondoggle. There is no reason for a helmet law besides protecting citizens from themselves.