Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 08-19-2006, 03:54 PM   #61
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: Thruxomatic forgive seruzawa he has limited exposure to such things

Blue states are net exporters unlike red states. Blue states have higher income, education and pay for taxes then red staters (play banjo music here)
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-19-2006, 06:29 PM   #62
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Thruxomatic forgive seruzawa he has limited exposure to such things

Yes. This means that blue staters are suckers. You like to think yourselves sophisticated. Guess what? It's just the side-effects of the syphillis that causes you to hallucineate so much.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:30 PM   #63
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Default Re: Surprising Turn In CA Helmet Battle.

I'm sort of a middle of the road Libertarian, who beleives in free enterprise except when it involves price fixing, or otherwise screwing the consumer. And I don't think we should pass a lot of laws that otherwise law abiding people won't obey--wait, I guess that fall under the Libertarian thing.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 07:17 AM   #64
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Good for you Dave! That whold price fixing thing would be pretty hard to do in a free market system, without government regulations giving defacto monopolys to such entities as big oil companies. When was the last time our country built a new refinery anyway?
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 01:31 PM   #65
LightninRVF750
Registered Member

And of course that would mean by your logic that no one who smokes, is overweight, doesn't monitor their diabetes, etc. is also ineligible for insurance.

BigBro just don't work, bro.
LightninRVF750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 05:39 AM   #66
Ssmitty
Registered Member

I don't know if this is still the way it works or not, but when the law was first passed, any manufacturer could display the DOT approval on the helmet UNTIL the government got around to inspecting that helmet. So a vendor could sometimes manufacture and sell an "approved" helmet for several years that, in fact, did not meet DOT approval. That was part of the CHP's problem with publishing a list of "Approved Helmets".
Ssmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 05:39 AM   #67
mzbk2l
Registered Member

I can't even wait to hear all of the "INSURANCE" replies. Everyone is soooo worried about the minute number of bikers who 1) crash, 2) without a helmet, and 3) without enough insurance.

HA! Go into ANY emergency room in the country. What is it filled with? Not underinsured, crashed bikers who want you to pay their bills. Nope - it's filled with illegal immigrants who have no health insurance or money. Unlike the bikers, they DO want you to pay their bills.

People outta quit worrying about the insignificant costs of helmetless riders and worry about something that really is making a dent in the pocketbook. If someone (such as myself) is stupid enough to ride without a helmet, I don't need the rest of the world deciding that they need to protect me.
mzbk2l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 06:10 AM   #68
erikthered
Founding Member

The fun thing is that this doesn't matter a damn bit to me. I'll still wear my helmet. And if you don't want to wear helmet, that doesn't really matter to me either. This is America, where we're free to bear arms or arm Bears or whatever the hell else we want.

BUT- If you want to be an activist in our free-thinking system of society, couldn't you pick something slightly more important? Stem Cell research? Funding to cure cancer and AIDS? Instead, to spend ten years fighting to avoid a helmet? Just cause we can, doesn't mean we should....
erikthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 07:24 AM   #69
orcyclist
Founding Member

Blah Blah Blah. I wear a helmet becasue I want to increase my chances of reducing the severity of my injury, should I crash, with or without assistance.

Do any of you actually think that this is the end of helmets in California? Dream on boys.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:41 AM   #70
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

You forgot the check box "Do I ride a motorcycle". If they catch you getting hurt on one, you are screwed. It's funny how you only include smokers and non-helmet wearers. Include your favorite hobby that is dangerous and it isn't so funny anymore is it?