Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 08-18-2006, 09:36 PM   #41
Thruxomatic
Founding Member

Default Re: No it isn't

The New Yorker recently covered the 40 million uninsured in the US as part of a book review in the magazine. One of the leading health issues cited for that group was neglected dental work.

Surprise ... it's already there.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-18-2006, 09:39 PM   #42
Thruxomatic
Founding Member

Oh, and the trial had a silver lining ... a lower per capita cost of care compared to traditional treatment, which was already less than half of the per capita cost of the same treatment in the US.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:41 PM   #43
Thruxomatic
Founding Member

Default Re: Surprising Turn In CA Helmet Battle.

I would go so far as to encourage him to ride far and to ride often, all of it without a helmet. No one should waste away in constant pain.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:51 PM   #44
Thruxomatic
Founding Member

Why make it law? That would remove the never-ending joy I get by mocking squids for the t-shirts, shorts, floppies and helmets (like saving your head when you have no skin left is going to help) at the same time I mock the wannabe bikers for their OCC t-shirts, jeans and beanie helmets. If there is one thing that motorcyclists share, regardless of mount, is an overwhelming lack of a self-preservation instinct. It's like a giant experiment in natural selection happening right in front of my eyes.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:05 PM   #45
Thruxomatic
Founding Member

I've always thought the solution to the helmet question lied with insurance. The precedent has already been set with smoking, so this is just an extension of the logic.

You apply for coverage and fill out a questionnaire. Check off "I ride without a helmet" or "I wear normal clothes when I am riding in hot weather" and you must carry a rider on your coverage guaranteeing extended health care coverage. Lie to save money on your rates and the onus is on the insurance company to prove you rode without gear. If they can do so, you are screwed and so is your family.
Old 08-19-2006, 05:49 AM   #46
bigdx
Founding Member

??

Rather unfortunate sentiment expressed in your post. Personally I do not wish harm on people that do not share my opinion.

bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 06:19 AM   #47
seruzawa
The Toad

"You will get research, but it will be research done for the public benefit ... period, and not for the general benefit of the shareholders first and the public a dim second."

That statement is so out of touch with reality I scarecely know where to begin. Suffice it to say, if the govt controlled medical research we wouldn't even have X-ray technology today.

Have a nice day.
Old 08-19-2006, 06:20 AM   #48
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: I am not talking about Socialized medicine...Supplemental is ..

You mean, sort of like an expanded medicare?

Taxes already take aboput 50% of the US economy. I guess you want to make it 100%
Old 08-19-2006, 06:56 AM   #49
bk6a
Founding Member

uhhhh,

so, 10 million for americans spend (not lose) their life savings for every nhs cluster f? there must be billions und billions of americans now. i guess the immigration thing has gotten out of hand.
bk6a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 08:15 AM   #50
ksquid
Banned

Default Thruxomatic forgive seruzawa he has limited exposure to such things

He lives in a very rural red state dominated by a church that has very active social programs. The biggest employer in Utah is probably a grocery chain. Pratically no industry to speak of. In most towns, like Vernal or Moab, the largest employer is either the school district or the U.S. Dept of Interior Bureau of Land Management.. So you see he his experience and observations are very limited. He watches Fox News and thinks it the way the world is... We both know that it is destorted and limited.
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote