Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 08-18-2006, 01:41 PM   #21
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Re: Surprising Turn In CA Helmet Battle.

Well, I'm certainly not a lawyer, but the law was being challenged on its vaugeness and not its constitutionality, so would it be within the judge's purvue to make any ruling that goes outside of that premise?
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-18-2006, 01:46 PM   #22
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default No it isn't

His point was to deny coverage for getting hurt doing something the masses deem 'stupid'. That could be anything from riding a motorcycle, skateboarding, skiing, and hell let's even throw in playing football. So you want to pay extra for everything that you might do that the masses feel is unacceptable? I think that's dumber than riding without a helmet. Thank God we aren't in KPaul's America. We'd be big losers, just like the rest of the industrialized world.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:47 PM   #23
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Sounds like somebody has been reading "Jennifer Government".............
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 01:49 PM   #24
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Default Re: They call me Mr. Danger

Yeah, but think of the path of Death and Destruction in your Wake.............
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 01:52 PM   #25
ksquid
Banned

Default kpaul sez

You should be able to ride a motorcycle without a helmet..

However, If you can't do the time don't do the crime rather I mean if you want freedom than you must pay for it. i.e. take responsibility

[*] I pay for extra medical insurance to ride a motorcycle above and beyond my normal health insurance. The reason I do this is in the case that my normal health insurance was to reject my claim because I was riding a motorcycle.[*]I think if you ride without a helmet you should have to buy more insurance coverage i.e. call it no lid (idiot) coverage... If you ride with out a lid and get in an accident and you don't have coverage too bad you will have to pay for your hospital bills yourself.

Of course, in kpaul's America every U.S. citizen would have basic health insurance. Like the rest of the industrialized world. U.S. companies can then compete on a level playing field (GMs health care costs are incredible) But that wouldn't mean we would pay for all of bigdx's bills when he gets hurt riding his Harley without a helmet. We would pay for the basic stuff only. Hopefully, bigdx would have extra medical coverage and no-lid insurance. If not he would have to arrange for some kind of payment plan with his health care providers.

Education and prevention is the key. In kpaul's America. Folks would receive tax credits for motorcycle training classes, education in general, exercise and prevent health programs, yearly physicals, if you don't smoke, and are not obese

ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 01:57 PM   #26
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: No it isn't

Funny how the rest of the industrialized world keeps coming here for health care.

In more cases than you can count people without coverage and insurance in the US get better care and faster care than people in those workers' paradises. Did you see that story a couple months back about the guy in Britain who nearly died of an abcessed tooth because no dentist would see him?

Yeah! We need that here!
Old 08-18-2006, 02:03 PM   #27
forthguy
Registered Member

Vagueness is a constitutional challenge. Vagueness in laws may chill speech or result in violations of equal protection or due process.
forthguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 02:09 PM   #28
ksquid
Banned

Default Read the fine print

You should probably fine print on your health insurance...and your life insurance...
Old 08-18-2006, 02:15 PM   #29
ksquid
Banned

For every case like that their is 10 million Americans that have to go bankrupt or lose their life savings because of a catastophic illness. American companies are at a disadvantage i.e. they have to include health care as part of their product cost structure
Old 08-18-2006, 02:59 PM   #30
seruzawa
The Toad

None of the people I've known who had to deal with cancer or other severe health problems without insurance went bankrupt. In fact, my wife works for Intermountain Healthcare as a computer techie and she's showed me some data about how many 10s of millions of dollars they write off for low income patients.

Under socialized medicine sick people don't go bankrupt, they just don't get treatment because there's not enough to go around. You'd be horrified to see how many people die because they had to wait months in line for tests. Or they simply get denied dialysis because there aren't enough machines. Or the French doctors on vacation who refused to return to work during that horrible heat wave in France that killed so many elderly. The list of the horrors perpetrated under socialzed medicine are quite sufficient to make me very leery of govt run healthcare.

A better term for Universal Healthcare would be Government Rationed Healthcare. Immagine that the decision on how many MRI machines to buy is made by a republican bureaucrat.

GRH would also mean the end of medical advancement since there would no longer be any incentive to do more than the minimum... just like any other heartless govt bureaucracy.

But the reason we won't have Govt Rationed Healthcare is simple. The 14th Amendment prohibits involuntary servitude.