Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 08-18-2006, 12:41 PM   #11
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: Surprising Turn In CA Helmet Battle.

Our entire court system, and every other govt' run bureaucracy need to be replaced by for profit competing private enterprises. It is only then that will stop being treated like someoneÂ’s privately owned livestock, and start to be responsible for ourselves. Down with the nanny state!
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-18-2006, 12:46 PM   #12
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Keep listening Dave. A wise old man once gave me this advice, "I never learned anything while I was talking". Seruzawa has been around the block a few times, and what he says usually bears consideration.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:47 PM   #13
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

If you think that seruzawa is a Bush lover you must be new to these threads.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:25 PM   #14
jocallaghan
Registered Member

I can't stand Big Brother rules from the government. Hovever, Joe Citizen needs to pony up to the flip side of freedom and that is called Responsibility.

So, no helmet and you get in a wreck, if you have the money, insurance or whatever is required to pay for your medical costs, rehab etc., then make your own choice concerning your personal safety. That's what used to make America great and free and is the way it should be again.

If you can't pay for any of that, then I don't think my insurance pool, my tax dollars or anything else that belongs to society at large should be spent, used etc. to take care of your sorry ass. Problem is, for everyone of us who don't want the government to take care of us and who are willing to accept responsibility for ourselves, there seems to be ten others who can't be relied on think for themselves even when their lives depend on it.
jocallaghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 01:30 PM   #15
seruzawa
The Toad

If you don't hate Bush and wish him dead then you're a Bush lover. Didn't you know that?
Old 08-18-2006, 01:32 PM   #16
seruzawa
The Toad

If you did that then justice would be for sale to the higgest bidder! What were you thinking?

Hey, wait a second.......
Old 08-18-2006, 01:40 PM   #17
seruzawa
The Toad

Yeah, and if you ever get hurt doing something stupid - like riding a motorcycle at all - the same applies to you. 99% of the car drivers out there agree with me.

Old 08-18-2006, 01:49 PM   #18
bigdx
Founding Member

"Down with the nanny state!"

Yeah, I dislike Canade too

bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 01:51 PM   #19
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

You beat me to it.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:33 PM   #20
ksquid
Banned

Default His point is still valid.

Actually his point still makes sense... I pay for extra medical insurance to ride a motorcycle above and beyond my normal health insurance. The reason I do this is in the case that my normal health insurance was to reject my claim because I was riding a motorcycle. I think if you ride without a helmet you should buy more coverage i.e. call it no lid (idiot) coverage... If you ride with out a lid and you don't have coverage too bad you will have to pay for your hospital bills yourself. Of course, in kpaul's America every U.S. citizen would have basic health insurance. Like the rest of the industrialized world.
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote