Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 03-07-2001, 07:46 AM   #1
Hoppy
Founding Member

Default Re: Yamahas and Suzukis -- Come and Get

Who cares when the FZ-1 hits the states. Thats the ugliest bike I have ever seen Ranks up there with the Bandit. Please leave these bikes in Japan. And that Kawi ZR-7 thing. I think that these bikes suck. As for the GSXR-1000, it kicks arse. Oops, almost forgot, first post. Gee, I can die now. My life is complete. Whoop dee do
Hoppy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2001, 07:53 AM   #2
wheat
Founding Member

There is word on an FZ-1 board that someone in Utah (of all places) has taken delivery of a black FZ-1.

No word yet here in northern California.
wheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 07:57 AM   #3
NickdaBrick
Founding Member

Can I come to your funeral?
NickdaBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 08:22 AM   #4
Rafi
Registered Member

Default Re: FZ-1 = ugly

I agree that the FZ-1 is ugly. I *tried* to like it, but it's just impossible for me. And I'm not a squid who only likes R1s and GSX-Rs. I appreciate good styling of all kinds of motorcycles, but the FZ-1 looks like a praying mantis on steroids rather than a motorcycle. But then again, the FZ-1 is not targeted at my demographic (25 years old and *not* 250 lbs.) so I don't really care.
Rafi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 08:59 AM   #5
BONGTOKER
Founding Member

Indulge yourself with the gargantuan coverage of the Daytona 200 on AMAsuperbike.com. This site canÂ’t even measure up to AMAsuperbike.com in coverage of the 200.
BONGTOKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 09:00 AM   #6
john
Founding Member

I have already seen GSXR 1000 's at 2 different dealers by me. Not all that special, i mean, for all the hype i woulda thought it would be amphibious or bring world peace. Oh well, i guess its just the hyped up bike for this year.

I would like to see the FZ-1 though, at least it has unique styling, some like it some hate it, i think i like it, and it doesnt come out of a cookie cutter mold like some other manufacturers products. Now if only they would make an FZ-6.
Old 03-07-2001, 09:01 AM   #7
john
Founding Member

I dont need coverage, illl just watch the race on speedvision.
Old 03-07-2001, 09:05 AM   #8
lexs
Founding Member

Default Re: FZ-1 = ugly

250 pounds*? I should be down to that in a few months. Yup, I'm the target demographic but I agree the bike is ugly, at least in pictures. I can't figure out how the people who did the R1/ R6 styling could blow it so badly. I still think this is the right type of bike for lots of us "old" people, I just hope Honda and Kawasaki do a better job on the styling.

*Pride forces me to point out I'm a bit bigger than the average person, 250 pounds is only a little off my "playing weight". Can you say defensive tackle?
lexs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 09:08 AM   #9
Digital
Founding Member

Indeed these two machines are highly anticpated. I am especially curious what the public verdict will be on the Fazer because of the following:

I bought a Katana two years ago (at the begining of the sport-tourer genre hype) and have had no complaints other than a lack of horsepower and no aftermarket around. I got burned: the Kat is reliable, but not as snotty as I'd like. No throttle wheelies here.

Manufacturers TAKE HEED: Dumb down a good motor just to make it 'better' and you will loose sales as well as the convinience of parts interchangability. Obviously, there are good reasons to make changes (I can think of fuel efficiency for one)

The smartest thing Yamaha could have done was VERY LITTLE to the R1 motor. If that puppie pumps out any fewer ponies than a stock R1, lucy has some 'splainin' to do.
Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 09:19 AM   #10
BONGTOKER
Founding Member

I forgot to divulge that they have enormous pre race coverage also.
BONGTOKER is offline   Reply With Quote