Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Paranoid News Clips (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/)
-   -   Yamahas and Suzukis -- Come and Get 'Em! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/paranoid-news-clips/383-yamahas-suzukis-come-get-em.html)

NikosK 03-07-2001 12:12 PM

Re: Yamahas and Suzukis -- Come and Get

In Greece the new monster (Suzuki) won't be available before end of March.

Already ordered since December 6, 2000.

Can't wait any longer... I going nuts!

Thank you guys at MO. Actually, you were the first ones reviewing it.

NikosK, Greece

kzluva 03-07-2001 12:18 PM

Re: WHEN IS THE TV COVERAGE???

Sat. 3/10 2 a.m. Superbike Qualifying Daytona International Speedway ESPN2

Sun. 3/11 5 a.m. Superbike Qualifying Daytona International Speedway ESPN2

Sun. 3/11 5:30 p.m. Superbike (Daytona 200) Daytona International Speedway ESPN2

Thu. 3/15 1 p.m. Superbike (Daytona 200) Daytona International Speedway ESPN2

NikosK 03-07-2001 12:26 PM

What do you know about Croatia looser???

Want some answers?

YES they have roads to ride, and prety beautiful too.

NO they are not busy fighting. Take some geography and history lessons, proud-to-be-American.

You don'y even know where Croatia lies. I'm sure you never heard of Parthenon as well.

We (the "Balkanian", so called by your president, people) may have lots of problems, but we have passions as well. Mine (and I'm sure my Croatian neighbours as well) is bikes.

Stick around or come visit us. You might learn something. And don;t believe everything that this Hebrew- is telling you people over there.

Karamanolis Nikos

Rethymno, Crete, Greece

wheat 03-07-2001 12:46 PM

Good luck dealing with SJ Yamaha. I talked to them about their waiting list about a month ago, and was told several different stories. They told me they had 3 bikes accounted for. How could you be #4 before that?

I went elsewhere. Inconsistencies from a dealer is a bad sign.

H1Rabbit 03-07-2001 12:51 PM

Yea the first FZ1 is on the streets in Utah. I'm first on the list at 2 different dealers here in Seattle. The irony now is that I probably won't be able to budget it for a while longer; and this with a very mild winter around here.

stevegrab 03-07-2001 12:56 PM

Huh, watch what race on Speedvision? Not the opening round of the AMA series, all rights are to ESPN2. Broadcast time of the 200 is at 5:30 PM Eastern time.

FantomRider 03-07-2001 01:37 PM

Re: Yamaha FZ1

Yes, I have an FZ1 on order and I was told that my bike should be in March 21st. I live in Tennessee. Also the bike is out. A member of the FZ1 Owners' Association http://pub29.ezboard.com/bfz1ownersassociation has recieved his. It was a Black one and He is in Utah. I however don't think the FZ1 is ugly. Pictures relly don't do it justice, I think the bike is beautiful. I saw it at the 2001 Motorcycle Show in Atlanta, GA and was deliberating between the 2001 Bandit 1200 S, the ZRX 1200, and the FZ1. After sitting and inspecting very carefully on all three bikes I chose the FZ1. I put a down payment on it as soon as I got back. Can't wait to tell everyone a review about it from the seat of it.

fz1 03-07-2001 01:53 PM

Re: FZ-1 = ugly

Gee, another genius who thinks any bike that does not look like his/her ride is ugly...

tl1s 03-08-2001 02:50 AM

I live in Northern Maine and a dealer in Bangor has at least one of each new gsxr on the floor. The 1000 is already sold and has Yosh can on it. The sad part is we still have four f**king feet of snow on the ground and more on the way. Winter sucks!

lexs 03-08-2001 05:28 AM

You forgot to point out the incredible scenery and great roads.

Given the current value of the NZ dollar I have to ask what a GSXR1000 costs down there, it has to be pretty dear.

Looking forward to my next trip down,

Lex