Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 03-07-2001, 08:20 AM   #11
gerrygrande
Founding Member

Default Re: Yamahas and Suzukis -- Come and Get

I'll pass. I just got a 2001 Hayabusa last week and so far, about 500 miles later, I think it's a keeper.
gerrygrande is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2001, 08:22 AM   #12
richardr6
Founding Member

yes, I am a little overweight, and over 25 (32 to be exact). I do not think just the "older" generations like the fz-1. I do not like the fz-1 either and think it is a very "ugly" bike. I just purchase a new r6. But if people want to purchase the bike, more power to them. I am glad people don't like the same thing I do, then everybody would ride up and down the road on just "sportbikes" and man would that be boring. we need to respect what other people like also. We are all bike riders. Man if you guys think people should just ride what you ride, you suck, not the bike.
richardr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 08:27 AM   #13
richardr6
Founding Member

one word comes to minds when I think of Suzuki, " " BROKEN CHAINTENSOR" Good luck!
richardr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 08:27 AM   #14
kzluva
Founding Member

Doesn't it make sense that a site named "AMAsuperbike.com" would have better coverage of the Daytona 200 than a site named "motorcycle.com?" It would be sad if a superbike racing site had worse coverage than a general motorcycle site.

Also, what do the Daytona 200 or AMAsuperbike.com have to do with the FZ-1 or Bandit? Your subject DOES say "Yamahas and Suzukis -- Come and Get." I miss the connection.

If I want detailed info on the Daytona 200, I will go to AMAsuperbike.com. For everything else, plus some general, concise Daytona 200 info, I will stay here.

Place your random comments elsewhere, please.
kzluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 08:29 AM   #15
sasa
Founding Member

My dealer say that my Suzuki GSX-R 1000 will come for about a week, i put a deposit on it, and i'm expecting it soon.

Sasa Kranjec

Croatia
sasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 08:51 AM   #16
Carlton
Founding Member

I thought about buying the FZ1, but the bike I really want is the FJR1300, which Yamaha has decided not to give the USA this year. It would go great with my now de-throned (at least until next year, so have fun now Suzuki) Y2k R1. Yamaha, send me my FJR! Check out the FJR USA petition at:

http://www.geocities.com/revin_rev/
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 08:53 AM   #17
POPtart
Founding Member

Default WHEN IS THE TV COVERAGE???

Hello,

When are the AMA races on TV? What channels? Thanks,

POPtart
POPtart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 08:59 AM   #18
granny
Founding Member

I've got a deposit on a black GSX-R1000. I chose the GSX-R1000 based on my past experience with Suzuki bikes. It hasn't hurt that all the reviews have been quite positive. I expect to have the bike in mid April (i've had a deposit down for a year but three people put down deposits before me - drat). I guess I'll just have to struggle along with my 916 till then. My only apprehension concerning the GSX-R is that it looks to be uncomfortable (far too "sit up") as compared to the 916.
granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 09:02 AM   #19
BanditBrad
Founding Member

I've got a deposit in on an FZ-1 at San Jose Yamaha in California. They expected delivery last week, and are now hoping they'll show up any minute. They've sold all 8 of their initial shipment already, #4 going to me.

My decison to get one was based mostly on the european news of the Fazer 1000. As soon as I heard it was coming here, dubbed "FZ-1," I put down a fully refundable deposit. This past November at the International Bike Show, I got to sit on one and made up my mind to go ahead with the purchase. Motorcycle Online's recent full review only succeeded in making me more impatient for the bike to arrive. Thanks, guys!
BanditBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 09:04 AM   #20
kermy20
Founding Member

I already got mine!

Good ole Texas seems to have gotten some of the first GSXR1000 shipments, and I have a shiny blue one.

In any case, it rocks! It's actually decent as a commuter, as long as you keep to less than full-throttle, and don't mind a little wrist pain. I'm gonna adjust the levers to see if that helps, but otherwise, im a happy camper.

I feel inadequate on the bike, even when pushing it pretty hard, it just feels so solid no matter what...and the power! And i'm still under 500mi.

kermy20 is offline   Reply With Quote