Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 08-05-2006, 03:57 AM   #51
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: High-Speed Motorcycles Proving Too Fast for Chicago Cops.

Dude, if your family is full of cops and lawyers then I definitely have pity on you.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-05-2006, 04:44 AM   #52
acecycleins
Founding Member

You guys aren't following along are you? I simply said that if one person puts lives in danger by being reckless and the only recourse is for the cops to use deadly force then so be it. I do not wish death on any person but ANYONE that will intentionally run from law enforcement not only puts their lives at risk they put others at risk. So, would you rather have one rider loose their life or would you rather have that rider loose their lives and anyone that that rider crashes into loose their's as well? BTW, we are a "free" nation built on the "rule of law". For those that attended public school the USA was established as a "free republic" not a democracy. Democracy is simply majority rule wins. That's not how our constitution was written. So, everyone who doesn't understand that: go take an American History class somewhere and learn something. As fas as the Nazi coment is concerned: You must be a leftist liberal and once again educated in public school. So bite me.
Old 08-05-2006, 04:55 AM   #53
racerjak
Registered Member

Who cares about Lou, I`m sure he was doing a wheelie at 136 also. This website lately has been getting worse and worse with these STUPID stories!!! I`m thinking twice about renewel in 24 days. It`s gone down hill fast since Sean left.
racerjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 05:53 AM   #54
davidhaner
Founding Member

Default Re: More reading material for mr hanner.

Lunatic.
davidhaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 06:36 AM   #55
bigdx
Founding Member

I believe they already do use deadly force. I know they have no problem running an evader off his bike or putting spike strips in his path. They do take cognizance of the surrounding area and will refrain from doing so if it can cause injury to a third party.

Obviously shooting an evader is a no-no due to goofballs like Charles Schumer and Rebecca Peters who are promoting the idea that a fatality caused by a firearm to be somehow worse than a fatality caused by any other means.

bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 11:05 AM   #56
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: More reading material for mr hanner.

LOL
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 11:53 AM   #57
Cathar
Founding Member

I invite you to peruse any dedicated sports bike forum (R1, Honda, Kawasaki, etc), and notice the not insignificant number of "What's your top speed?" posts which go on to discuss how the speedo's stop at 186mph while the revs keep on climbing.

What you describe may be true for the odd model (eg. some newer Suzuki's when in 6th gear only), but it is not commonplace nor uniformally implemented. The vast majority of UJM sports bikes just have speedo's that merely stop at an indicated 186mph (or 299kph) while the revs keep climbing.

Cathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 03:54 PM   #58
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Oh I suspect we're hangin' in there with ya, barely.

"I simply said that if one person puts lives in danger by being reckless and the only recourse is for the cops to use deadly force then so be it."

What if the person isn't aware of the pursuit? Do you remember the video of the the Cop dragging out the old Woman from the car? Couldn't any Cop just kill anyone and say "They were running"? Would't a POSSIBLE recourse be to do nothing? Chew in this, should we kill him to protect him from his reckless behavior? Keep in mind that I haven't heard of a rash of bikes killing other than the riders lately. On and on we could go but I suspect it would never get through.

PS The Sophomoric Condescension angle has been played out before. We ain't 'fraid.
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 04:35 PM   #59
alpies
Registered Member

right, and riding a motorcycle is stupid. Jeez, there is all kinds out there.
alpies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 09:49 PM   #60
svtech
Registered Member

Thanks for the clarification. I dated his older sister, Racky. Just for stability - you know, something to hang on to.

Then her old man went nucular.

I was hurt.

I was the one who had to pull out and go off to fight the Commies.

Was Ricky small for his age or did he wear avocado camouflage and loiter between the stove and fridge?
svtech is offline   Reply With Quote