Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 08-04-2006, 11:46 AM   #31
AmoryWong
Founding Member

Default Re: High-Speed Motorcycles Proving Too Fast for Chicago Cops.

Holy cow dude you sound like some nazi, I thought america was built on "freedom" not the "rule of law". Your telling me you would happily let the police kill your children and then go around and tell people how stupid your kid was??? Why not tell em how stupid you were for buying him a motorcycle that is capable of these speeds, or not teaching him some responsibility???

End of that lol, I think opening up a stretch of the highway once a month would be a great idea, line people up and let one rip every 30 seconds, have an ambulance or two around and some supervision and everyone could get out their need for speed.
AmoryWong is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-04-2006, 12:04 PM   #32
Cathar
Founding Member

The 186mph thing is only an indicated speed. There's nothing (aside from needing the required power to do so) stopping any bike coming out of Japan from going faster than 186mph, it's just that the stock speedometers fitted to the bikes won't display any speed higher than this.

Cathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 12:08 PM   #33
jbilodeau
Founding Member

Yes, Commrade. oh, yeah can't wait for the secret police to show up too. But if you want to go fast...take it to the track.
jbilodeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 12:15 PM   #34
Cathar
Founding Member

Default Re: Rule the Universe!

Okay, if you want to reason about it, then try this on for size.

If someone is stupid enough to try to evade the police, and in your own words you're sactioning the use of deadly force, then I put this question to you.

Which is more dangerous? Some nut doing 170-200mph in "control" of their vehicle, for whatever that means, to avoid hitting cars/people/whatever. Or doing what you propose and police using "deadly force" and shooting the rider and killing/maiming then and now we're left with a 170-200mph totally out-of-control object barreling down the road towards innocent people?

Don't know about you, but I'll take my chances for being unharmed by a 170-200mph idiot who's consciously controlling his vehicle as opposed to an effective 170-200mph out of control missile.

Oh, but hey! These guys deserve to die, and screw the consequences! Is that what you're effectively saying? You sure you thought this one through? If you're representative of thinking that goes into the legal fraternity, then it's no wonder there's a whole host of messed up laws in the world.

Cathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 01:24 PM   #35
ksquid
Banned

LOL Good one longride...
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 01:46 PM   #36
ksquid
Banned

Default More reading material for mr hanner.

"Federal Reserve Board Chairman Alan Greenspan told the Senate Banking Committee one time, "There is no question that if you run substantial and excessive deficits over time, you are draining savings from the private sector, and other things equal, you do clearly undercut the growth rate of the economy." The problem occurs because -- as the administration, which tried for a while to argue this Economics 101 point, now concedes -- the greater competition for capital drives up interest rates. Mr. Mankiw summed this up nicely in his best-selling economics textbook: "When the government reduces national saving by running a budget deficit, the interest rate rises, and investment falls. Because investment is important for long-run economic growth, government budget deficits reduce the economy's growth rate." more info for david hanner

ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 02:45 PM   #37
Gluge
Registered Member

Default Think about laws.

This is kind of in responce to Mr. Kill anyone that runs.

Think about why speeding is illegal... the ONLY reason speeding is illegal is because they think it increases your chances of an accident which can cause death or injury.

But

1. speeding doesn't = and increase your chances of an accident, there have been several studies that show this.

2. It's alread illegal to kill some one or injure some one, we already have all these manslaghter laws etc.

Soooo... really the speeding laws are trying to be 'preventative' laws. There is nothing inherently wrong with speeding.

So if you kill people for breaking the speeding law and not stopping on the basis that they're breaking a preventative law your breaking some of the very laws that preventative law was writen to help.

In my opinion preventative laws are in large retarted and should pretty much all be done away with.

At some point you have to trust people to know that doing a certain thing may lead them to comiting a crime.

If you start down the road of preventative laws you just end up with a lot of extra laws and where do you stop? And if your actualy killing people over preventative laws... well all you have is a way to reduce population.

Guns can be used to kill people, killing people is illegal so guns are illegal some places... another retarted preventative law.

And YES you could even do away with stop sign laws on this basis, it could still be the rule that you stop and if you don't and there's an accident you would be at fault but otherwise nothing would happen.

I believe not much would change if you say got rid of many of these preventative laws. Look at it this way the only time people are worried about getting a ticket for running a stop sign is when they see a cop, so all the times they don't see a cop it's just like if there was no law against it.
#867 Barrett Meeker Racing
Gaerne - Regina - Shoei - Bridgestone
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Endorsed by Longride - "Of course your points are unarguable. You are the smartest guy in the whole world ... What you really taught me is how little I really know about motorcycles and how much you know. Yes, you are the best and the smartest."
Gluge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 02:54 PM   #38
Gluge
Registered Member

Do you realize speeding doesn't even mean your more likely to have an accident??

Do you realize the speedlimit laws are retarted?

yet you would still let the police kill your kid for breaking some retarted law and trying to get away with it?

In europe they have much safer roads with no speed limits what so ever.

No speed limits is ACTUALY safer, there have been studies.

Of couse you work with insurance companies and they'll take an excuse to rase some ones rate.
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Endorsed by Longride - "Of course your points are unarguable. You are the smartest guy in the whole world ... What you really taught me is how little I really know about motorcycles and how much you know. Yes, you are the best and the smartest."
Old 08-04-2006, 03:01 PM   #39
Weezel
Registered Member

There is no word "preventative". It is "preventive", I believe. However, there is now a word "nucular", invented by GW.
Weezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 03:05 PM   #40
Gluge
Registered Member

thanks I am horrible at spelling, esp when I'm this tired.
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio