Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 08-03-2006, 03:16 PM   #31
SuperBill
Founding Member

Default NHTSA = Liars & Scoundrels

Beware the National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration. Their motto is "people saving people." They are liars, scoundrels, and will stop at nothing until we are all riding public transportation or walking.

The only way to "save" motorcyclists is to outlaw motorcycles. NHTSA knows that, and that is their ultimate goal. They scare the ill-informed, easily intimidated and gutless (elected representatives and mad mothers) with their statistics. We are better than that, and should reject anything that comes from that organization.

SuperBill is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2006, 03:20 PM   #32
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Re: NHTSA = Liars & Scoundrels

Amen ...
bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 04:57 PM   #33
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: Colorado Doubles.

Wow Fenton that some powerful weed you are smokin... That is total BS. How is your adjustable rate mortgage doing bud..
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 05:24 PM   #34
Dangerousdave_2
Registered Member

Default Re: Not necessarily

Aren't all of those things supposed to, like, work together? If you have no skill or knowledge, you damn sure better have a helmet. It might not save your life; then again, it just might.
Dangerousdave_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 10:37 PM   #35
pfalso
Founding Member

Quick, call Miracle Max and we can fix this...
pfalso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 10:40 PM   #36
skeepee
Registered Member

Default Re: Not necessarily

I don't think that in the slightest. Just saying that some of my fellow WA riders like to skirt the law in this particular way.

skeepee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 02:41 AM   #37
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I'm still backing the double helmet bill that would require 2 helmets on all riders, just in case the first one doesn't work. If that doesn't help, I'll up it to 3 helmets. Whatever law it takes to save that one precious life, I'm all for it.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:10 AM   #38
grieve
Registered Member

I don't know much about the NHTSA, but are you saying they doctor the numbers or just spin what they say. If they are only spinning what they say, then the numbers can still be safely used.

Also are there any there any other sources for this information?

---grieve
grieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 03:29 AM   #39
seruzawa
The Toad

There are lots of ways of doctoring numbers. For example when you hear those numbers about "children" being killed by guns please realize that they include 19 year olds as "children". That makes the entire statistic bogus since those 19 year olds are largely gang members.

Some statistics are utterly bogus like the claim that 1 in 10 americans have diabetes. That is an amazing lie.

Another example of govt lies is the claims about drunk driving accidents. If any person in any vehicle has been drinking, even a passenger, the accident is labelled "alcohol related" by the NHTSA. Even if the car with the person who was drinking is parked and hit by a sober driver the accident is labelled "alcohol related".

Govt agencies expand by justifying their existences. They are vested in making the problems they are supposed to solve worse. Than they can demand more funding and justify more higher paid GS slots for the buddy network.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:07 AM   #40
grieve
Registered Member

I guess what I am asking is, are the numbers they obtained doctored, and if so how?

As far as I can tell, this is the only source of the information. I would like to know how bogus or real it is. The raw numbers to me look realistic.

More people are riding motorcycles, so there are more motorcycle accidents. I am sure when the model-T was first introduced the number of car accidents sky-rocketed.

Lastly I own a book Titled "How to Lie with Statistics", so I am well aware of how they can play with the numbers. I just don't see it, at least not in any obvious way, in these numbers. If they are doing some doctoring I would like to know what it is.

--grieve
grieve is offline   Reply With Quote