Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 07-22-2006, 04:12 AM   #41
boru4761
Founding Member

Default Re: injuns for indians

Bike nerds.

Whoda thunk it?
boru4761 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-22-2006, 05:21 AM   #42
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: North Carolina to be New Home for Latest Iteration of Indian.

I'm with ya on the Victory thing. I think I've seen one or two on the road.

Makes one wonder what the motomags are referring to when they mention the "hot-selling" Vegas or whatever.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 06:45 AM   #43
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Thanks.

Actually it's from "The Young British Soldier" by R. Kipling.

Here's another good one from the poem:

"When 'arf your bullets go wild and land in the ditch, don't call your Martini (as in rifle) a cross eyed old bytch, she's 'uman as you are, so treat 'er as 'sitch, and she'll fight for the young British soldier."
Old 07-22-2006, 06:54 AM   #44
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: injuns for indians

Yes, worked as a kind of laxitive too. Remember the bean oil pre-heaters? The stuff had to be hot to lubricate right.

I still have a can of Francisco Brown Label in the garage somewhere, the lab was right down the street from where I use to live in Silverlake. Use to buy the stuff from old lady Francisco herself.
Old 07-22-2006, 07:02 AM   #45
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: THE END IS COMMING!

What? Are you feeling OK KP? What's next? The continents forming Pangia again? .35 cent a gallon gas? Dogs and cats living together?

The family is loading up the mini-van as I type this and we're all heading southbound like Ray Milland in "Panic in the Year Zero".

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!
Old 07-22-2006, 08:26 AM   #46
pdad13
Founding Member

Based on Stellican's first press release when they acquired the rights to Indian, it sounds like they're going to do the same old thing. I don't doubt that the bikes, when eventually produced, might be better than the last iteration of Indians, but they'll be entering an extremely mature market with lots of top-flight competition. Other than existing for a time as a high-priced, low volume boutique brand, I just don't see this working very well.

I agree that they've got to try to do something different than the last try, but that's going to cost them big and I doubt they're willing to take that big of a risk. That's not really what these companies do.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 09:08 AM   #47
TomSmith
Founding Member

Default Francisco oil

I had a can, too - forgot which color, maybe blue or green. I thought I had 2 cans, but I dunno wot hoppened. I donated the can I found to an acquaintance who owns an auto museum in San Francisco. He remembers Francisco too. Maybe he'll pour it into the ex Nigel Mansell F1 Ferrari he owns.
TomSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 09:11 AM   #48
TomSmith
Founding Member

Default The Beast

"The Beast" was a grungy-looking real fast fuel drag bike built and owned by Chet Herbert back about 1950. I always used Chet's cams in my Harley drag bike.
TomSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 10:54 AM   #49
Buzglyd
Founding Member

You should have mentioned it a couple of days ago. I'd hop on the Geezer Glide and meet you in Puerto Nuevo for lobster and beer.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 08:31 PM   #50
ksquid
Banned

I'm in love
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote