Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > Paranoid News Clips

Old 06-30-2006, 06:11 PM   #31
acecycleins
Founding Member

Default Re: Yamaha & Honda Playing Cat and Mouse?

I don't disagree but remember the first bike only had to be fast. No one thought cruisers could ever handle.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-01-2006, 05:33 AM   #32
anrajala
Founding Member

He could invade Sweden and give the Nobel peace price to himself for bringing democracy to Iraq. Although Sweden doesn't have oil they have plenty of herring pickle.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 05:37 AM   #33
anrajala
Founding Member

I hope they put half decent engine into the Sportster this time.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 09:59 AM   #34
HRCUSA
Registered Member

This "Cat and Mouse" you mention has been being played by all four of the Japanese now for over 25 years. Nothing has really changed. Every year their is a new Dealer show which is tied in with the timing of the European shows to introduce each brands new models, that has and always will be around Sept/Oct. [This year Honda is Sept 6-8, Suzuki comes in a week later, I expect Yamaha and Kawasaki in the similar time zone]. Yamaha was the only one who decided to have two shows each year, the first happening at the beginning of summer to introduce new off-road, ATV, and cruiser machines. The more serious sport machines are always saved for the dealer shows in the fall.

In regard to your "rumors", as mentioned by other readers, rumors are almost always exaggerated, especially by the wanting press or fans clubs. I have noticed that internet sites are even worse than the printed magazines for hinting and creating rumors of new models. I can tell you not to expect any new VFR for the 2007 model year, this years update was designed to hold it over for 2 years. I have also heard Honda at this time has put the keebosh on any BlackBird replacement siteing legal reasons and small market segment sales. Were not expecting much from Honda this year hoping they will surprise us! We know that they have a all new CBR600RR coming, but that is all.

Suzuki on the otherhand is set to introduce several new streetbikes, the already confirmed yet unscene 2007 Hayabusa, a updated GSXR1000, and a new line of models to replace the aging Katana series. Sounds good. Ciao.

HRCUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:15 PM   #35
jferrell
Founding Member

A masterminded jackass... this guy is a joke!
jferrell is offline   Reply With Quote